[AISWorld] Business Opportunities in the New Digital Age, Cutter Business Technology Journal, CALL FOR PAPERS -- Articles Ideas Due by 30 Jan 2017

San Murugesan san at computer.org
Mon Jan 16 16:29:07 EST 2017

CALL FOR PAPERS

Cutter Business Technology Journal

<http://blog.cutter.com/2017/01/11/call-for-papers-business-opportunities-in
-the-new-digital-age/> BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES IN THE NEW DIGITAL AGE

Guest Editor: San Murugesan

ARTICLE IDEA DEADLINE: JANUARY 30, 2017

The business world is poised for an unprecedented wave of innovation.
Technological advances such as augmented reality, virtual reality, cognitive
assistants, 3D/4D printing, personalization, conversational interfaces,
drones, deep learning, predictive analytics, the Internet of Things,
blockchain, new payment systems and affective computing play major roles in
driving and enabling the next wave of innovation in business. These
technologies - combined with new business models facilitated by
social/collaborative commerce, shared services/economy, and crowd sourcing -
will have a profound influence across the business world. Furthermore,
businesses need to cater to the newer expectations and demands of a younger
generation (selfi-generation, digitally-embedded generation) of customers.

So, business is not going to be as usual, again! Where is the business world
headed? How will businesses get transformed, and what new applications and
innovations will emerge? What will evolve as the 'new' normal, and what's
the vision for the future? What new opportunities will arise now and in the
future for the IT industry and technology professionals?

An upcoming issue of Cutter Business Technology Journal, Guest Edited by San
Murugesan, will identify and examine the trends that will shape the business
world over the next five to 10 years. It will also examine the key
technologies that will have a transformative influence on business in the
near future and will present insight on strategies and approaches for
realizing the potential. It will also look at current and potential market
and consumer trends.

For this issue, we welcome articles from practitioners, academics,
consultants, visionaries and businesses that address the following and other
related areas, examine innovative applications, discuss real-world or
hypothetical examples or present a case study.

Topics of discussion may include (but are not limited) to the following:

1.      How can we leverage the potential of recent advances in IT,
highlighted above, for various business functions and activities? What are
the challenges in realizing this potential and how can we address those
challenges?

2.      What are appealing next-generation business use cases?

3.      How can (predictive) analytics and machine/deep learning help
organizations gain new insights, make better business decisions, or improve
customer experience and engagements?

4.      How can marketers innovatively use on-line and off-line data about a
customer and other relevant information that impact a customer's purchase
options to create a better advertising profile of a customer for effective
micro-targeted marketing?

5.      How is - and can - artificial intelligence, deep learning, and smart
systems transform eCommerce marketing?

6.      How can businesses offer not just a product, but also a better
experience and service, known as product-as-a-service?

7.      How does - and will - sharing and crowd sourcing enabled by IT
impact commerce and customers options to access, buy, and use goods and
services?

8.      How can a business make use of augmented reality, virtual reality,
and mixed reality? What are those new applications and services?

9.      How can businesses leverage the Internet of Things in retail,
logistics, entertainment, and maintenance and for enhancing customer
experience and engagement?

10.  What do new generation customers really want and how can their wants be
fulfilled?

11.  What are the roles of a smart cognitive assistant in retail and
customer services? What are the classic real-world examples?

12.  How can advances in IT be embraced for dynamic, competitive, and
optimal pricing in real-time? What are the current limitations and how can
those limitations be addressed?

13.  How can technology be used to help customers in merchandise selection,
or in the design, creation and delivery of a personalized, tailor-made
product?

14.  How does AI change customer engagement and experience?

15.  How might 3D/4D printing, drones, autonomous vehicles, and new delivery
models affect the future of retail commerce?

16.  What are the challenges facing IT in catering to the needs of
businesses in the new digital age and how can they be addressed?

ARTICLE IDEA DEADLINE: JANUARY 30, 2017
Please respond to San Murugesan at san1[at]internode[dot]net, with a copy to
cgenerali[at]cutter[dot]com no later than January 30 and include an extended
abstract and a short article outline showing major discussion points.

ARTICLE DEADLINE
Accepted articles are due by FEBRUARY 28, 2017

For manuscript guidelines, see https://www.cutter.com/call-papers#Editorial
Guidelines

COMPENSATION

We are pleased to offer Journal authors an online, one year complimentary
subscription to Cutter Business Technology Journal upon the signing of the
license agreement. In addition, we occasionally pull excerpts, along with
the author's bio, to include in our weekly Cutter Edge email newsletter,
which reaches another 12,000 readers. We'd also be pleased to quote you, or
passages from your article, in Cutter press releases. If you plan to be
speaking at industry conferences, we can arrange to make copies of the issue
in which you're published available for attendees of those speaking
engagements -- furthering your own promotional efforts.

Professor San Murugesan

Guest Editor, Business Opportunities in the New Digital Age

Cutter Business Technology Journal

Website: http://tinyurl.com/sanbio

Email: san1 at internode.net