[AISWorld] Question: do we really want to risk turning AIS into a political lobbying organization?

Prashant Palvia pcpalvia at uncg.edu
Mon Jan 30 20:44:54 EST 2017

I sent this message earlier. Somehow, it only went to Leon.

------------
Excuse me, Leon.  This is absolutely non-political. Please do not confuse
the issue. The freedom to conduct research and teach are academic issues.
We should all speak up when politics interferes with these basic human
rights.  So there should be no attempt to suppress our voices. And yes, AIS
is absolutely the right forum to talk about it; AIS represents all of us
academics.

In fact, this is the time to speak up.  This is not the time to be shy or
be intimidated.  I urge the entire AIS community to band together and
peacefully oppose the breach of academic freedom and basic human rights.

Thank you all,

Prashant

----

*Prashant Palvia, Ph.D., Joe Rosenthal Excellence Professor,
https://baelearn.uncg.edu/people/palvia/
<https://baelearn.uncg.edu/people/palvia/>Bryan School of Business and
EconomicsThe University of North Carolina at Greensboro 426 Bryan Building,
Greensboro, NC 27402, USA, Ph: 336.334.4818 <%28336%29%20334-4818>Editor in
Chief, JGITM, http://www.tandfonline.com/UGIT
<http://www.tandfonline.com/UGIT>   Submit papers to JGITM at
http://www.editorialmanager.com/ugit
<http://www.editorialmanager.com/ugit>Associate Editor, Information &