[AISWorld] AIS MIS Faculty Salary Offer Survey - need 2016 and 2017 offers

Galletta, Dennis galletta at katz.pitt.edu
Thu Feb 2 16:16:41 EST 2017

Dear Community,

After becoming very slow in updating the Salary Offer Survey request each year, which required manually revising the html to change year references each time in both anonymous and non-anonymous surveys, I finally decided to make the forms universal and not require that manual step each year.

Please provide your offers as they come in. Please especially provide your data for any 2016 and 2017 offers, as the survey didn't operate last year.

Besides needing manual manipulation each year, the old forms were also quite ugly. So I have revamped the forms on Google Forms to have much less narrative and fewer questions. I've reorganized the items so that the required questions are near the beginning and the optional questions appear in the second half (except the final question that asks about anonymity).

The new forms can be found at the following address https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdQEd_mT2nYay7hc775yXT0HxvfFlu-nwItBxGyKMZJS5ZZDQ/viewform

I will work to provide near real-time updates (24 or 48 hours) to a simpler spreadsheet as well, with a table that only includes the required questions. Ido Millet has graciously provided pivot tables for the spreadsheets for several years and I thank him for doing that! Perhaps there will be an automated and immediate way to go from the private full table to the smaller table Ido uses.

As always, I urge you to provide your answers in a non-anonymous manner (to me only) so Deans that do not trust anonymous data will be able to count a good sample of entries. You have my pledge as a Certified Public Accountant that I will not reveal any identity data. Data on publications will also be kept confidential. And please note this is an OFFER survey, not a salary survey.

DG

Dennis F. Galletta                      Professor of Business Administration
University of Pittsburgh                       Ben L. Fryrear Faculty Fellow
282a Mervis Hall                         and Director, Katz Doctoral Program
Phone +1 412-648-1699                       Katz Graduate School of Business
Fax +1 412-624-3633                                    Pittsburgh, PA  15260
E-mail: galletta @ katz.pitt.edu            homepage: www.pitt.edu/~galletta<http://www.pitt.edu/~galletta>