[AISWorld] Question: do we really want to risk turning AIS into a political lobbying organization?

Hossein Seif Zadeh hossein.au at icloud.com
Thu Feb 2 21:02:38 EST 2017

Sorry I was quiet for a couple of days, I was traveling and then I had to organised office move for a few of my staff.

I am (still) hopeful as a bunch of so-called academics, we can have a intelligent and respectful argument.  I do subscribe to “don’t argue the man, argue the point” (noting the ‘man’ being sex-neutral in that sentence).

As a collective international community we have thousands of years of civilisation; one of the benefits of that being availability of so many ‘proverb’ for any conceivable point of view.  One can quote "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it's called the present” while another may refer to "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.”  None of these proverbs are absolute. One should, ideally, refer to differing proverb to form a hopefully balanced point of view.

Similarly, "He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that” applies as much to you as to anyone else.  These type of “soothsayings” do not help you increase your credibility, especially as I presume you meant it to be condescending.

Hossein