[AISWorld] AMCIS 2017 in Boston - Minitrack on Electronic Resources for the Aging Society (SIGHealth)

Gewald, Heiko Professor Dr. Heiko.Gewald at hs-neu-ulm.de
Tue Feb 7 05:31:36 EST 2017

Dear colleagues,

we invite your submissions to the minitrack on "Electronic Resources for the Aging Society (SIGHealth)" at AMCIS 2017 in Boston.

All developed economies face the challenge of aging societies. Not only is the percentage of the elderly within the population growing, they are also getting older then generations before. This trend puts tremendous pressure on social and healthcare systems around the world. Electronic resources (wearables, apps, websites, virtual discussion groups, social media etc.) provide a perspective to enable seniors to life longer in self-contained circumstances then today.
The minitrack addresses these challenges and opportunities by providing a forum to share high quality research on all aspects of electronic resources which benefit the aging society. We welcome empirical and conceptual work as well as design science papers. All research which adds to our understanding how electronic resources are accepted and used by seniors and what benefit they provide is in scope of the minitrack. We explicitly welcome papers dealing with policy implications and resulting recommendations.

Submission started: January, 9th 2017
Submission ends: March, 1st 2017

We are looking forward to your contribution.

Wendy, Doug & Heiko

Wendy Currie, Audencia Business School, wcurrie at audencia.com
Heiko Gewald, Center for Research on Service Sciences (CROSS), Neu-Ulm University of Applied Sciences, heiko.gewald at hs-neu-ulm.de
Doug Vogel, eHealth Research Institute, Harbin Institute of Technology, vogel.doug at gmail.com