[AISWorld] MIS Tenure-track Position in Canada

Alexander Serenko, Ph.D. aserenko at lakeheadu.ca
Wed Feb 8 13:48:24 EST 2017

TENURE-TRACK FACULTY POSITION IN

MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT

in the Faculty of Business Administration, Lakehead University

The Faculty of Business Administration at Lakehead University, Thunder Bay
campus invites applications for a tenure-track appointment in MANAGEMENT
INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT. The appointment will commence on
August 1, 2017 at a rank commensurate with experience and qualifications.

The Position will involve:

(i)        An active program of scholarly research;

(ii)       A commitment to teaching a range of MIS courses, including at the
introductory undergraduate and graduate levels;

(iii)      Supervision of Masters students' research;

(iv)      Service to the Faculty and the University;

(v)       Participation in curriculum development and program improvement
initiatives.

Preferred candidates will have:

(i)        An earned Ph.D. or DBA in Management Information Systems or a
closely related discipline (applicants near completion may be considered)
from a school recognized by Canadian universities;

(ii)       A strong research and publication record;

(iii)      The ability to teach Project Management, Business
Intelligence/Analytics, and other graduate and undergraduate MIS courses.

The Thunder Bay campus of the Faculty of Business Administration accredited
by AACSB and Chartered Professional Accountants Canada (CPA). Detailed
information on our programs is available on our homepage on the Lakehead
University website at http://business.lakeheadu.ca/

For further information, please contact Dr. Bahram Dadgostar, Dean of the
Faculty of Business Administration at (807) 343-8410 or
bahram.dadgostar at lakeheadu.ca.

Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, a statement of their teaching
and research interests, and the names and addresses of three references to:

Dr. Bahram Dadgostar, Dean

Faculty of Business Administration

Lakehead University

955 Oliver Road, Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5E1

E-mail:  business at lakeheadu.ca      Fax:  807-343-8443

A completed Confirmation of Immigration /Citizenship Status should accompany
your package. This form is available on our website at
https://www.lakeheadu.ca/faculty-and-staff/forms-db/human-resources/node/400
03

Lakehead University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive
environment and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals
including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons and
persons with disabilities. We appreciate your interest; however, only those
selected for an interview will be notified. Lakehead University is committed
to supporting an accessible environment. Please ask us how we may help you
by contacting the Office of Human Resources, Lakehead University, (807)
343.8334, human.resources at lakeheadu.ca.

This position is subject to final budgetary approval.

Alexander Serenko, M.Sc., MBA, Ph.D.

Professor, Management Information Systems & Strategy

Faculty of Business Administration, Lakehead University

955 Oliver Road, Thunder Bay, Ontario P7B 5E1, Canada

Home page:  <http://aserenko.com/> http://aserenko.com

Phone: 807 343-8698, Fax: 807 343-8443, Skype: aserenko

Email:  <mailto:aserenko at lakeheadu.ca> aserenko at lakeheadu.ca