[AISWorld] Special issue call for papers from Information Discovery and Delivery: Big Data Applications in the Digital Information Supply Chain

孙见山 sunjs9413 at hfut.edu.cn
Mon Feb 27 00:23:25 EST 2017

Dear AIS members,

Apologies for cross-postings. Please sent it to interested colleagues and students. Thanks.
We organize a special issue in Information Discovery and Delivery (SSCI indexed journal).  The Information Discovery and Delivery journal was previously named as Interlending & Document Supply.  I invite you submit your related work to our SI (http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/call_for_papers.htm?id=6999). The SI information are listed as follows:

Big Data Applications in the Digital Information Supply Chain

We live in an era of data abundance, which creates challenges across numerous dimensions when it comes to the ways and means of handling and analyzing data. Big data is receiving continuous and growing attention from researchers and practitioners in academia, industry, and government. In recent years, several journals have published special issues focused on big data research and many conferences have developed tracks related to big data.

The last decade has witnessed a tremendous rapid increase in volume, veracity, velocity and variety of data generated by digital services. Big Data bring new opportunities to modern society and challenges to data scientists. In the context of big data, the digital information supply chain from collection to delivery can be transformed and reengineered. The industry can embrace big data tools and techniques to build a next-generation information supply chain. Many big data applications empower information service providers with the ability to ingest, process, analyze and distribute content, which converts massive amounts of data into meaningful and engaging insights. We believe this special issue will offer a timely collection of novel research results to benefit the researchers and practitioners working in these communities.

We invite authors to submit their research on big data applications in the digital information supply chain from theoretical, technological, social, behavioural, and design science perspectives. Research deploying different theoretical lenses could focus on human behaviours, process and system design, methods, modelling, and techniques in addressing various aspects of big data applications in the digital information supply chain.

Thus, we invite authors to submit papers related (but not exclusive) to the following topics:

Digital information collection and crowdsourcing
Information quality and data cleaning techniques
Information management and cloud computing
Digital information tracking and data enrichment
Digital information exchange models and applications
Big data analytics in information access
Information visualization techniques and applications
Implications of big data in information delivery
Case studies of big data applications
Social media and user generated content
Behavioural and design issues in big data applications
Guest editors

Xusen Cheng, University of International Business and Economics, xusen.cheng at uibe.edu.cn
Jianshan Sun, Hefei University of Technology, sunjs9413 at hfut.edu.cn
Jian Ma, City University of Hong Kong, isjian at cityu.edu.hk

Important dates

Submission due: 31 March, 2017
Notification of final acceptance: 31 July, 2017
Final papers: 31 August, 2017

Author Guidelines

Submissions to the special issue will be screened by the Special Issue Editors to insure that they conform to the quality standards of Information Discovery and Delivery journal. Papers that do not pass this initial screening will be immediately returned to the authors. Reviewers will apply those standards in forming recommendations for acceptance, revision, or rejection.

Submissions to Information Discovery and Delivery are made using ScholarOne Manuscripts, the online submission and peer review system. Registration and access is available at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/idd. Full information and guidance on using ScholarOne Manuscripts is available at the Emerald ScholarOne Manuscripts Support Centre: http://msc.emeraldinsight.com.

If you have any questions about the SI, please do not hesitate to contact me (sunjs9413 at hfut.edu.cn).

Best wishes,

Jianshan Sun

School of Management, Hefei University of Technology

Email: sunjs9413 at hfut.edu.cn