[AISWorld] Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Business Information Systems- University of Sydney Business School

Aretha Wright aretha at aisnet.org
Mon Mar 13 13:02:31 EDT 2017

Discipline of Business Information Systems
University of Sydney Business School
Reference no. 307/0217

  *   Join an organisation that encourages progressive thinking with an opportunity to contribute to world class business information systems research and education within the University of Sydney Business School and to work in a collaborative and supportive environment
  *   Be valued for your exceptional knowledge and experience in Business Information Systems
  *   Full-time, continuing, academic level B/C. A salary supplement may be negotiated with the successful applicant

About the opportunity

The University of Sydney Business School<http://sydney.edu.au/business> is regarded as a leader in the region, and is one of the very few Australian schools to hold business and accounting accreditation from AACSB<http://www.aacsb.edu/accreditation/overview.asp> International and EQUIS<http://www.efmd.org/index.php/accreditation-/equis> accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development. It is also the only Australian member school of CEMS<http://www.cems.org/>, the Community of European Management Schools & International Companies.

The Business School has an outstanding international reputation in management research, learning, development of resources, and journal publishing and works in close cooperation with industry, government and the not-for-profit sectors. It is situated in a new $180m state-of-the-art learning environment which, in the highly competitive global market for business education, will further enhance its ability to attract the best and brightest students, staff and researchers from around the world.
Founded in 2002, in direct response to requests from the local business community, the Discipline of Business Information Systems forms a regional hub that is internationally recognised for its innovative business education, industry engagement, and high-impact research. We share a passion for genuine collaboration with the business community through qualitative, interpretive, often non-orthodox approaches to investigating a wide range of phenomena of organising in an increasingly digital world. Our areas of interest include business intelligence, risk management, enterprise systems, digital platforms, social media, project management, design and innovation, interoperability, and sustainability.
The role reports to the Chair of Discipline.
About you
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence.
We are looking for a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Business Information Systems who will contribute to:

  *   the research strengths of the School, including the pursuit of competitive research grants and regular publication in journals of high national and international standing
  *   the School's expanding program of professional and industry research collaboration, with a focus on the school's core research areas and existing research groups
  *   the effective teaching in Business Information Systems units at undergraduate and postgraduate levels to culturally-diverse student cohorts, curriculum development and the enhancement of teaching methodology
  *   the School's engagement with professional bodies in order to develop innovative teaching programs that enhance the student learning experience and their employability
  *   the supervision of higher degree research students
  *   academic administration and service activities.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:

  *   a PhD in information systems or a closely related field
  *   demonstrated ability to achieve research outcomes with refereed publications in Information Systems
  *   expertise in one or more of the key areas of business information systems, in particular: Enterprise Systems; Project Management; Business Analysis; Digital Business Innovation; The Future of Work, Data and Visualization
  *   hands-on knowledge of Enterprise Systems, BPM technologies, and data visualisation.
  *   IS theoretical and methodological background, in particular familiarity with interpretivist, qualitative research approaches
  *   the willingness to contribute to the Business School's service and promotional activities, e.g. student information days
  *   demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment.
There are also desirable criteria for appointment and further position requirements for appointment at Senior Lecturer level.
About us
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We're Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across 9 campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 47,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
The University of Sydney encourages part-time and flexible working arrangements, which will be considered for this role.
Please ensure your online application includes a current resume, response to the selection criteria and a cover letter.
Specific enquiries about the position can be directed to Associate Professor Dirk Hovorka, Chair: Discipline of Business Information Systems on +61 2 9351 2949 or at dirk.hovorka at sydney.edu.au<mailto:dirk.hovorka at sydney.edu.au>
For more information about the recruitment process, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Michelle Carlon or Niki Tsigros on 02 8627 0646 or at email sydneyrecruitment.mkconsultant at sydney.edu.au<mailto:sydneyrecruitment.mkconsultant at sydney.edu.au>.

If you would like to learn more, please refer to the Candidate Information Pack<http://sydney.nga.net.au/publicfiles/sydney/jobs/20AD02C6-9784-4380-A38E-A71A01008F7D/3070217FINALCandidateInfoPack.pdf> for the selection criteria and further details.
Closing date: 4 April, 2017 (11:30pm, Sydney time)
It is preferred that referees listed in your online application form are direct supervisors/managers from your recent employment. Academic staff are encouraged to give referees of international standing who can provide impartial evidence of the applicant's academic work. Written references are not required at the time of application.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Candidate Information Pack<http://sydney.nga.net.au/publicfiles/sydney/jobs/20AD02C6-9784-4380-A38E-A71A01008F7D/3070217FINALCandidateInfoPack.pdf>
Selection Criteria<http://sydney.nga.net.au/publicfiles/sydney/jobs/20AD02C6-9784-4380-A38E-A71A01008F7D/Selection%20Criteria%20307-0217.pdf>
How to apply
Please navigate to Business Information Systems Positions page at:

http://sydney.edu.au/business/about/jobs/positions_in_business_information_systems