[AISWorld] IT for Seniors - Crowdfunding

Helen Hasan hasan at uow.edu.au
Thu Mar 23 23:31:07 EDT 2017

Hi everyone

Apologies if you get this message more than once.  Please just delete if you are not interested.

Many of you are aware of the research that I have been doing into the use of digital technology by older people and the benefits to their wellbeing that this can bring.  See some articles at the links below if you want to know more.  I am quite passionate about this project and am not alone in this as I have spoken to so many people who have tried to get their parents or grandparents to use computer and experienced a lot of resistance.

As I am now close to retiring from my academic position  I am working to put the findings of my research into practice.  After many years of action  research and volunteer work we are now set up to deliver our home service for seniors on a more sustainable basis.  We have set up a NFP social enterprise Living Connected <http://livingconnected.org.au/>  and I am a resident startup at the iAccelerate business incubator (a bit crazy to do at my age).  We are looking for some seed funding and have set up a crowdfunding site inspired by the talk at ACIS 2016 by Professor Deb Verhoeven.

So our crowdfunding site is

https://pozible.com/project/living-connected-for-seniors

Those of us who have been volunteering our time to this endeavour would be most grateful if you would consider a contribution and pass it on to your networks where appropriate.

Many Thanks

Helen

An opinion piece in Aged Care Insite Blog: "Nurture seniors' tech skills for everyone's gain" http://www.agedcareinsite.com.au/2016/06/why-and-how-we-should-nurture-tech-skills-in-seniors/

An article in Educational Gerontology "Enhancing the Wellbeing of the Elderly: Social Use of Digital Technologies in Aged Care<http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/03601277.2016.1205425>" by Helen Hasan and Henry Linger http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/03601277.2016.1205425

Publicity on the University of Wollongong News entitled "Growing Old Gracefully" http://stand.uow.edu.au/growing-old-gracefully/

Helen Hasan
Professor
Researching Information Systems and Knowledge Management
Australian Health Services Research Institute (AHSRI)
Building 234 | iC Enterprise 1 | Innovation Campus
University of Wollongong NSW 2522 Australia
T +61 2 4221 3757 | M 0419 403 699
ahsri.uow.edu.au<http://ahsri.uow.edu.au/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/helen.hasan.92> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/bottlingfog> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/uow/> | LinkedIn<https://au.linkedin.com/in/helen-hasan-1771131> | View my publications<https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=TKP5nZMAAAAJ&hl=en>

[Ahsri_LogoLockup]

NOTICE: This email is intended for the addressee name and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Please consider the environment before printing this email.