[AISWorld] Must read in Strategy Management

ilia ilia at ibissoft.se
Wed Mar 29 06:34:25 EDT 2017

Dear colleagues,

For those of your who deals with strategy management/planing/execution
in research, education or practice here is a new book on strategy that I
would highly recommend:

Patrick Hoverstadt & Lucy Loh "Patterns of Strategy", Taylor & Francis, 2017

The book presents  a completely different view on strategy coming from
management consulting practice of the authors and a systems theoretical
view. The strategy is defined based on the concept of structural
coupling between an organization and its environment, i.e. markets,
collaborators, competitors, etc. The book positions strategy among other
concepts starting with doctrine and ending with tactics, as well as
presents 80 (!) different patterns of strategy. The latter are given
metaphoric names that are both funny and exact, like Gorilla, Guerilla,
Parasite, Jeeves, Frigate Bird, etc.

I find this book as the only one on strategy that I can relate to own
experience.

Enjoy reading -
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Patterns-Strategy-Patrick-Hoverstadt/dp/1138242675/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

-- Ilia
Dr. Ilia Bider
Process- och systemutvecklingskonsult at IbisSoft.se
Lektor & Forskare/Docent i data- och systemvetenskap at DSV.su.se
ilia at ibissoft.se        +46 (0)8 164998
Software project as a socio-technical system: http://bit.ly/1TKgnf6