[AISWorld] Special Issue CFP: Digital Transformation and the Changing Nature of Work

Tom Stafford stafford at latech.edu
Fri Mar 31 13:42:53 EDT 2017

Colleagues – many of you will already be aware of this years’ SIGMIS CPR conference in Bengaluru (Computers and People Research). The Database for Advances in Information Systems is strategically allied with the CPR conference to produce leading edge social inclusion and workforce research, and as part of this alliance we have dedicated a journal special issue to the topic.

Some of the most important work in our field on these topics arising from last year’s CPR conference is already approaching publication in our Volume 48(2), going into production as we speak and in your libraries and mailboxes very shortly, but there will be another Data Base special issue co-produced with CPR on the related topics of The Changing Nature of Organizations, Work and Societies and we invite colleagues who will not be at the 2017 CPR meeting in India (where select papers will be fast tracked to the special issue) to consider directly submitting to the special issue.

The full call for papers is found at http://sigmis.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Directions-in-Workforce-Research.pdf, but the thematic foci include:

1)Impacts of digital transformation on work and societies, 2) Influence of individuals, work and societies on digital transformation, 3) Individual and organizational strategies for coping with the rapidly changing digital landscape, 4) Ways in which work and personal lives are merging, and 5) Emerging structures of work for organizations, individuals and societies. We hope you will consider favoring us with your workforce or inclusion research related to these themes. The initial submission deadline is August 1, and Data base 49(3) is scheduled for publication a calendar year from that point in August 2018. The review process will be prompt, constructive and helpful.

The Special Issue Editors will be pleased to answer your questions about thematic fit and review cycle timing:  Daniel Beimborn (d.beimborn at fs.de), Rajiv Kishore (rkishore at buffalo.edu), Rajeev Sharma (rsharma at waikato.ac.nz), and Shirish C. Srivastava (srivastava at hec.fr).

If you will be at CPR in India, look for us; we will be there. If you won’t be in Bengaluru, find us as an exhibitor and sponsor in Boston at AMCIS 2107, where we have a similar strategic relationship with the Advances in Information Systems Research Track.

As always, more information about our work, our research and our publication opportunities are online at http://TheDataBase.org.

Sincerely,

Tom Stafford

Editor

Thomas F. Stafford, J.E. Barnes Professor
Track Co-Chair, AMCIS 2017: Advances in Management Information Systems Research

Conference Co-Chair, AMCIS 2018

Editor-in-Chief,

Data Base for Advances in Information Systems

Louisiana Tech College of Business

P.O. Box 10318

Ruston, LA  71272