[AISWorld] The Communications of the Association for Information Systems Paul Gray Award for the Most Thought Provoking Paper 2016

Jan Recker j.recker at qut.edu.au
Wed Apr 5 19:23:38 EDT 2017

Dear colleagues,

In memorandum of its founding Editor-in-Chief, the late Paul Gray, the Communications of the Association of the Information Systems' current and past editors established an annual award to recognize a published CAIS paper as the most thought provoking paper.

The Paul Gray award is awarded annually in recognition of a paper that provokes thoughts and "lingers on" in the memory of those who read it. The award is determined through a selection committee involving the past and current EiCs of the Communications of the Association for Information Systems, presently Joey George, Matti Rossi and myself.

It now gives me great pleasure to announce our winner of the Paul Gray award for the calendar year 2016. The winner of the award is:

Lacity, M., Khan, S., Carmel, E. "Employing U.S. Military Families to Provide Business Process Outsourcing Services: A Case study of Impact Sourcing and Reshoring<http://aisel.aisnet.org/cais/vol39/iss1/9/>," Communications of the Association for Information Systems (39:9) 2016, pp 150-175.

This is the rationale of the selection committee about the winning paper:

"The paper is a great example of Paul Gray way of thinking as it is counterintuitive and well executed. This is what scientific discovery is made of! It does at the same time two things that are thought provoking: 1) it shows how offshoring can be substituted with reshoring, which is counter to what a lot of people think is possible, and 2) it shows the pitfalls and promises of such an approach, illustrating that it is not a simple approach that can be easily implemented. Context here is important and we can speculate that similar impact sourcing can happen elsewhere as well, but needs careful consideration, messaging and implementation. Furthermore, although the case is US specific, the implications are broader."

You can read the paper using the link provided. Please join me in congratulating our colleagues for their fine contribution.

Many thanks for your continued interest and support of CAIS,

Jan

Professor Jan Recker
Editor in Chief, Communications of the Association for Information Systems
QUT Business School | Queensland University of Technology
www.janrecker.com<http://www.janrecker.com/> | http://scientific-research-in-is.org/ | https://research.qut.edu.au/digital-innovation-research/
Phone: +61 7 3138 0939 | Fax: +61 7 3138 1313 | Email: j.recker at qut.edu.au<mailto:j.recker at qut.edu.au> | CRICOS No. 00213J
[QUT_busschool_colour]   [BUSacclogo_LINE_cmyk]