[AISWorld] HICSS 51 Call For Papers - The Dark Side of Information Technology Minitrack

Steelman, Zach zach.steelman at okstate.edu
Mon Apr 17 11:45:40 EDT 2017

HICSS 51 - Call for Papers: The Dark Side of Information Technology Minitrack

This minitrack welcomes theoretical and empirical papers examining alternative consequences of IT use and implementation in organizations and societies. The objective of this mini-track is to focus not only on the antecedents, development processes, consequence of numerous phenomena related to the dark side of IT use but also the potential strategies and techniques for behavioral interventions. We seek, based on this forum of discussion, to provide practitioners (e.g., IT developers, managers, psychologists, and policy makers) in a multitude of contexts with a deeper understanding of the potential consequences regarding the dark side of IT use. Further, we hope these studies help to shape guidelines for designing and implementing organizational and hedonic IT while minimizing the potential negative consequences of IT use.
Submitted papers might focus on, but are not limited to, some of the following themes related to the dark side of IT use. We acknowledge that over time new dark side of IT phenomena will emerge, and we hence call welcome topics that focus on IT-related phenomena which is harmful, that may extend this list.

  *   IT-related addictions
  *   Problematic IS use behaviors
  *   Cyber loafing,
  *   Cyber bullying
  *   Deceptive computer-mediated communication
  *   Disrupted work life balance
  *   IT interruptions
  *   IT misuse
  *   Technostress
  *   Impulsive use of IT
  *   Physiological effects of IT use
Submissions are welcome and encouraged from a variety of theoretical foundations (e.g., information systems, psychology, cognitive science, decision sciences, sociology, social networks, organizational behavior, neuroscience, computer science, and informatics) which might advance our knowledge of the antecedents, processes, interventions and consequences of the dark side of IT use. The track invites relevant and rigorous studies without restriction for the methodologies used, units of analyses and levels of theorization.
Important Dates for HICSS-51 Paper Submission

April 1, 2017: Paper submission begins.
June 15, 2017 | 11:59 pm HST: Paper submission deadline
August 17, 2017 : Notification of Acceptance/Rejection
September 22, 2017 : Deadline for authors to submit final manuscript for publication
October 1, 2017 : Deadline for at least one author of each paper to register for HICSS-51

Author submissions: http://hicss.hawaii.edu/tracks-and-minitracks/authors/

Track and Mini-Track Information: http://hicss.hawaii.edu/tracks-51/organizational-systems-and-technology/
Minitrack Co-Chairs:
Ofir Turel (Primary Contact)