[AISWorld] 2nd Call for Papers: HICSS51 Digital Services and the Digitalization of Services Minitrack

Tuure Tuunanen tuure at tuunanen.fi
Wed Apr 19 21:54:51 EDT 2017

CALL FOR PAPERS: Digital Services and the Digitalization of Services Minitrack (in Decision Analytics, Mobile Services, and Service Science Track)

http://hicss.hawaii.edu/tracks-51/decision-analytics-mobile-services-and-service-science/#digital-services-and-the-digitalization-of-services-minitrack

The purpose of the minitrack is to attract research on the innovation, design, development, management, and use of digital services and the digitalization of services. The key drivers in this area of research are the multiplying technological opportunities for digital services, such as ubiquitous connectivity, wearable devices, cyber-physical systems, Internet of Things (IoT), natural language assistants, virtual/augmented reality, cognitive computing, and so on. The minitrack provides a discussion forum for researchers interested theoretical and practical problems related to such services.

The shift of consumer and enterprise personnel from users to co-creators and co-destructors of value, calls for a significant re-appraisal of our current design and development approaches. Relevant topics for this minitrack include (but are not limited to):

1. Digital and ICT enabled services, industrial services, mobile services, and consumer information services and systems
	• Discovery, fuzzy-front end, and innovation processes
	• Service design, and development processes and methodologies
	• Analytics supported service design and development
	• Design and evaluation of novel digital services
	• New technology enabled services, e.g. services using blockchain, natural language assistants, robotics, smart television, smart watches, wearables, or other technologies
	• Service ecosystems, platforms and novel architecture
	• Consumer and enterprise user aspects
	• Service ecosystems and effective patterns of actor engagement in digital services
	• Social networking
	• Temporo-spatial relevance of service, location and/or sensor aware services
	• Hedonic ICT enabled services
	• Socio-psychological aspects of ICT enabled service use
	• Understanding social and cultural contexts
	• Consumerization of enterprise services
2. Cyber-Physical and IoT enabled services
	• Cyber-Physical and IoT enabled services from different disciplinary perspectives, such as, information systems, operations research, software engineering, service science, and service research
	• Service innovation based on Cyber-Physical and IoT enabled services
	• Cyber-Physical and IoT service ecosystems, platforms and novel architecture
	• Theoretical aspects of Cyber-Physical and IoT enabled services research
	• Cyber-Physical and IoT enabled services as artifacts
	• Use and adoption of Cyber-Physical and IoT enabled services

Minitrack Co-Chairs:
Tuure Tuunanen (Primary Contact)
University of Jyväskylä, Finland
tuure at tuunanen.fi

Tilo Böhmann
University of Hamburg, Germany
tilo.boehmann at uni-hamburg.de

Ola Henfridsson
University of Warwick, United Kingdom
Ola.Henfridsson at wbs.ac.uk

Important Dates for Paper Submission:
June 15, 2017 | 11:59 pm HST : Paper submission deadline
August 17, 2017 : Notification of Acceptance/Rejection
September 22, 2017 : Deadline for authors to submit final manuscript for publication
October 1, 2017 : Deadline for at least one author of each paper to register for HICSS-51