[AISWorld] Ralph H. Sprague (1938-2017)

Dennis, Alan R. ardennis at indiana.edu
Sat Apr 29 07:26:30 EDT 2017

It is with profound sadness and regret that I inform you of the passing of Ralph Sprague. In many ways, and to me, Ralph was a legendary colleague. He was the founding chair of our department at the University of Hawaii. He was a key founder of the field of Decision Support Systems. He was the co-author of one of the most popular and well-respected MIS textbooks for graduate students. And most of all, he was the legendary HICSS conference chair and co-chair for 40 years — by far the most outstanding and unbeatable record. Ralph was an academic role model for me, and for many of our colleagues.

We are preparing a short notice for the HICSS site.

Tung

Tung Bui, Phd, Dr.rer.pol.
Matson Navigation Co. Chair of Global Business
Professor and Chair, Department of Information Technology Management
Faculty Director, Executive MBA Programs, Vietnam (Hanoi and HCMC)
Chair, Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS.org<http://hicss.org>)
Director, PRIISM Pacific Research Institute for IS Management
Director, APEC Study Center
University of Hawaii Shidler College of Business
2404 Maile Way, E303
Honolulu HI 96822 USA
Tel. 1-808-956-5565
Fax. 1-808-956-9889