[AISWorld] CFP: 2017 SIGGreen workshop at AMCIS 2017 (Boston, USA)

Pratyush Bharati Pratyush.Bharati at umb.edu
Sun May 14 11:46:54 EDT 2017

Dear Colleagues,

The 2017 SIGGreen annual meeting and workshop will be held at AMCIS 2017 (Boston, USA) on August 10th, 2017 instead of ICIS because of travel logistics. The Pre-AMCIS 2017 workshop provides a forum for the breadth of sustainability research in IS and thus contributes to further developing this important IS research domain.

We invite papers employing a wide variety of methods. We welcome empirical (qualitative and quantitative), design-oriented and theory development research papers.

Interested authors submit extended abstracts (1-2 pages – see paper template) which will be peer-reviewed by at least two expert reviewers. Successful abstracts will be shared with other workshop participants. After the pre-AMCIS workshop, authors are invited to submit a final paper (optional) incorporating feedback. Workshop papers will be published as workshop proceedings on AIS Electronic Library (AISeL).

The deadline for the SIGGreen annual meeting and workshop at AMCIS 2017 is 19th June 2017. Please submit the extended abstracts to: SIGGreen.Submission at gmail.com<mailto:SIGGreen.Submission at gmail.com>

Information about the workshop is available at https://siggreen.wikispaces.com/Events

Best,

Pratyush Bharati
Management Science and Information Systems
University of Massachusetts, Boston

Senior Editor, The Data Base<http://sigmis.org/the-data-base/>
President Elect, SIGGreen<http://siggreen.wikispaces.com/Welcome+to+the+SIGGreen+Wiki+Homepage>, Association for Information Systems<http://aisnet.org>

Scholar Google Profile<http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=S7Jt0oAAAAAJ&hl=en>
LinkedIn Profile<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/pratyush-bharati/31/15/789>

Link to articles:
Academia Profile<http://um-boston.academia.edu/PratyushBharati>
Selected Works Profile<http://works.bepress.com/pratyush_bharati/subject_areas.html>

<http://um-boston.academia.edu/PratyushBharati>

SIGGreen Pre-AMCIS 2017 Workshop

Sustainability and Innovation: Building a Tradition of Research and Practice

SIGGreen is the AIS Special Interest Group on Green Information Systems. SIGGreen provides a platform for those in our discipline who are concerned with how information systems can help reduce human impact on the natural environment – one of the greatest challenge of your time. SIGGreen recognizes that the Information Systems (IS) discipline can have a central role in creating an ecologically sustainable society  because of the field’s five decades of experience in designing, building, deploying, evaluating, managing, and studying information systems to resolve complex problems, SIGGreen’s positions are presented in its Statement on Environmental Change (https://siggreen.wikispaces.com/The+Statement-Manifesto).

The SIGGreen annual meeting and workshop will be held at AMCIS 2017 instead of ICIS because of travel logistics. The Pre-AMCIS 2017 workshop provides a forum for the breadth of sustainability research in IS and thus contributes to further developing this important IS research domain.

We invite papers employing a wide variety of methods. We welcome empirical (qualitative and quantitative), design-oriented and theory development research papers.

Interested authors submit extended abstracts (1-2 pages – see paper template for details) which will be peer-reviewed by at least two expert reviewers. Successful abstracts will be shared with other workshop participants. After the pre-AMCIS workshop, authors are invited to submit a final paper incorporating feedback. Workshop papers will be published as workshop proceedings on AIS Electronic Library (AISeL).

Information about the workshop will be updated at https://siggreen.wikispaces.com/Events

Workshop Location
Boston, USA

Important Dates
- 19 June 2017:                 Submission of extended abstracts to: SIGGreen.Submission at gmail.com<mailto:SIGGreen.Submission at gmail.com>
- 26 June 2017:                 Notification of acceptance
- 10 August 2017:              Workshop
- 16 September 2017:     Submission of full workshop papers for publication on AISeL (optional)

Formatting Requirements for Extended Abstracts
- Expected length: 1-2 pages
- Use Workshop Template available at https://siggreen.wikispaces.com/Events

Preliminary Schedule
09:00 – 09:30 Morning Coffee
09:30 – 09:45 Welcome
09:45 – 10:30 Panel/Paper Session
10:30 – 10:45 Coffee Break
10:45 – 12:15 Paper Session
12:15 – 13:00 Boxed Lunch
13:00 – 14:00 SIGGreen Meeting

Workshop Co-Chairs (SIGGreen Executive Board)
Chadi Aoun (SIGGreen Past President)
Carnegie Mellon University
chadi at cmu.edu<mailto:chadi at cmu.edu>

Pratyush Bharati (SIGGreen President Elect)
University of Massachusetts, Boston
Pratyush.Bharati at umb.edu<mailto:Pratyush.Bharati at umb.edu>

Stefan Seidel (SIGGreen President)
University of Liechtenstein
stefan.seidel at uni.li<mailto:stefan.seidel at uni.li>

Head of Arrangements Committee
Leona Chandra Kruse (SIGGreen Secretary)
University of Liechtenstein
leona.chandra at uni.li<mailto:leona.chandra at uni.li>