[AISWorld] Request to announce SMART conference on AISWorld List Server

Lin Hao lhao at nd.edu
Wed May 24 20:57:37 EDT 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hope all is well. My name is Lin Hao and I am a current member of AIS. I would like to post the following msgs on AISWorld list server. Please feel free to let me know if there is anything else I need to do.

SMART Workshop on August 5-6 at University of Washington, Seattle

Post:

THE STRUCTURAL MODELING AND MACHINE LEARNING APPLICATIONS FOR RESEARCH ON TECHNOLOGY WORKSHOP

The third annual SMART workshop will be held on August 5-6, 2017 at the Foster School of Business, University of Washington.

Structural modeling and machine learning methods are being increasingly used in research on technology. The purpose of the workshop is to introduce Ph.D. students/researchers to the integrated framework of structural modeling and machine learning. As most of the researchers involved in these methodological domains would agree, the upfront cost of learning and applying structural modeling and machine learning is a quite steep. The workshop would aim to reduce the upfront cost of learning by providing several hands-on tutorials on structural modeling and machine learning. The objective of the workshop is also to open up common ground for future discussions between Ph.D. students and colleagues across schools who use/ wish to use structural modeling and machine learning methods in information systems research.

For more information, visit the workshop website at faculty.washington.edu/ytan/SMART2017/SMART2017.html

Best,
Lin

Lin Hao, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of IT, Analytics & Operations
351 Mendoza College of Business
University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, IN 46556
Tel: (574) 631-1735