[AISWorld] 3 PHD POSITIONS IN DATA SCIENCE

vom Brocke Jan jan.vom.brocke at uni.li
Mon Jun 12 11:42:18 EDT 2017

Dear Colleagues

May I kindly ask you to forward this posting to your students? Thank you very much!

Kind regards
Jan vom Brocke

-

3 PHD POSITIONS IN DATA SCIENCE (m/f),
UNIVERSITY OF LIECHTENSTEIN

The Institute of Information Systems offers graduate programs in the field of Business Process Management as well as Data Science. Our focus in Data Science is on applying state-of-the-art methods to highly relevant research questions. We put some emphasis on text mining, but are not limited to it. On offer are positions for researchers who may also wish to conduct their doctoral studies at the University of Liechtenstein with Prof. Dr. Jan vom Brocke.

APPLICANT PROFILE
Successful candidates will be integrated into teaching within the Master’s and Bachelor’s degree programmes in Information Systems at the University of Liechtenstein and should have a Master‘s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science, Machine Learning or any related discipline.

We also expect candidates to have an interest in conducting small scale projects with the industry and to produce top-class research and actively disseminate and discuss their findings within the international scientific community. Outstanding English-language skills, a solid methodological competence in the fields of IT as well as a high level of dedication and enthusiasm are equally evident. Knowledge of German language is not essential, but candidates are expected to learn German from the outset of enrollment.

WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a competitive salary, a dynamic collegiate environment with locally and internationally active researchers in the research areas of the Institute of Information Systems as well as close cooperation with partners at other universities, government communities and industry. Our academic community works in a vibrant and innovative setting, here in our beautiful alpine environment.

ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
The University of Liechtenstein is a state university according to Swiss standards. With over 50 years of tradition the institution has established excellent relations to industry. The IS department is home to more than 30 IS researchers including 6 professors and renowned international visiting staff. Members of the institute have published in international top journals including EJIS, ISJ, JAIS, JIT, JMIS, MISQ, and MIT Sloan Management Review. Also see: www.uni.li/is

ABOUT LIECHTENSTEIN
Liechtenstein is a prosperous economic area in the heart of Europe. The micro state is home to people from over 100 nationalities, and the country has one of the highest gross domestic products per capita worldwide. It has a diversified economy focusing on both product and service innovation. You will find headquarters from world leading international companies as well as a lively scene of start-up companies. Also see: www.liechtenstein.li

APPLICATION DEADLINE 30th JUNE 2017
We look forward to receiving your electronic application including an application letter, a detailed curriculum vitae together with your transcripts of records as well as proof of any other academic achievements.

Please submit your application to the following address by 30th June 2017:
Universität Liechtenstein
Stabsstelle Personal
Fürst-Franz-Josef-Strasse
FL-9490 Vaduz