[AISWorld] please post to AIS listserve thanks

Marianne Bradford marianne_bradford at ncsu.edu
Sat Jul 1 12:18:15 EDT 2017

AMCIS Professional Development Session - Auditing and Security of ERP
Systems

*         Applicable to conference attendees who teach ERP Systems, SAP,
Accounting Information Systems, or Information Systems Security

In conjunction with Price Waterhouse Coopers, I will be delivering a PDS
session Thursday nite at 5:00 - 6:30 pm on ERP Auditing and Security.
Specifically, you will learn about how ERP systems are secured and what IT
auditors will be looking for. Specifically, we will learn about how role
based access controls work in a PeopleSoft environment and how changes are
to the SAP system and underlying database is controlled (the SAP Transport).
This is information not generally included in faculty training events
sponsored by ERP vendors, but very applicable to ERP security content.

We will also learn about ERP-related questions on IT certification tests so
that you can build this content into your courses to get your students
prepared.

Session taught by

Marianne Bradford, NC State University and author of Modern ERP

Bob Herman, Senior Manager, PWC, Charlotte, NC office

Marianne Bradford, Ph.D.
Professor

Poole College of Management

NC State University