[AISWorld] ICTs for Disaster Management - deadline approaching

Joao Porto de Albuquerque jporto at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 04:20:44 EDT 2017

Dear Colleagues,

[Apologies for cross-posting]

This is just a friendly reminder on the fast approaching submission
deadline for the ICT-DM 2017 submissions! There is one week left to submit
your research on using ICTs for detection, prevention, preparation,
response and recovery of disasters: submit your paper until 17 July 2017
(23:59 UTC/GMT).

You can submit your paper via EasyChair
<https://easychair.org/account/signin.cgi?timeout=1;key=56419830.iYLAie2jO5eS1zDt>.
Authors of selected papers from ICT-DM 2017 will again be invited to submit
an extended and improved version to a special issue of the International
Journal of Information Technology and Management. For more detailed
information, please refer to the attached Call for Papers or the ICT-DM
2017 website <http://ict-dm2017.ercis.org/>. We are looking forward to your
contribution!

We have also one new exciting update regarding the conference program: On
the second day of the conference we are organizing a “*practitioner day*”
where the regular participants get the possibility to meet experienced
practitioners and get insights into existing innovations, practices and
technologies in the area of crisis management. We aim to have shorter paper
presentation tracks with bigger breaks so that the participants get enough
space to get in contact. Besides, we will organize a moderated “round tour”
with the participants visiting each of the practitioner stands so everyone
can briefly get an overview on the organization and some selected
information and communication technologies they apply in the specific
crisis management domains. We strongly believe this exchange between
practitioners and scientists will enable rigor and relevant ICT innovations
for disaster management.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in Münster, the so called “City of
Peace” (
http://www.stadt-muenster.de/english/ten-times-muenster-in-brief/city-of-peace.html)
in the North of Germany.

Best regards,
the ICT-DM 2017 organizing committee
______________________________
*ICT-DM 2017 in Münster, Germany*
*ERCIS Competence Center Crisis Management*
University of Muenster

Leonardo-Campus 3 – D-48149 Muenster
<http://www.leonardocampus.de/#vt/persons/detail/1057>
*E*  *ictdm2017 at ercis.de <ictdm2017 at ercis.de>*