[AISWorld] Position Announcement: Assistant/Associate Professor of Information System

Rahul Singh r_singh2 at uncg.edu
Wed Jul 12 08:44:41 EDT 2017

The Department of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management (ISSCM)
in the Bryan School of Business at the University of North Carolina at
Greensboro (UNCG) invites applications, expressions of interest, and
nominations for up to two tenure-track/tenure positions in Information
Systems subject to budget approval.  The position(s) will commence on
August 1, 2018, at the rank of assistant professor (tenure-track) or
associate professor (with tenure).  While we will consider candidates in
all areas, preference will be given to individuals with teaching interests
that align with the ISSCM offerings. We intend to interview candidates at
the 2017 AMCIS conference in Boston.

*Requirements*

Applicants should hold a PhD/DBA degree with a specialization in
Information Systems. Candidates should have demonstrated excellence in
teaching and research and should have published or show promise of
publication in mainstream Information Systems Journals.

 We are seeking candidates with the following required Qualifications:

·       Completion of a Ph.D. in Information Systems or related areas
from an AACSB accredited institution or equivalent by August 1, 2018.

·       Evidence of strong teaching and research potential.

·       Ability to teach core courses in information systems

·       The ability to tie one’s teaching and research to key elements
of our mission (problem solving, innovation, globalization,
sustainability, and ethics) and

·       Ability to participate in department initiatives in analytics
and hands-on projects

 To apply, or for more information, please access our announcement through
the UNCG Job Search system (https://jobsearch.uncg.edu/postings/8615).
Applications should include a cover letter, vita, unofficial transcripts,
three letters of reference, a sample of recent scholarship, and evidence of
teaching effectiveness. Review of applications will begin immediately and
will continue until the position is filled.

 Please direct all questions to: Dr. Rahul Singh, Chair, ISSCM Faculty
Search Committee, Bryan School of Business and Economics, The University of
North Carolina at Greensboro (Email: isscm.facultysearch at uncg.edu, Address:
P.O. Box 26170, Greensboro, NC 27402, Phone: 336.334.5666).

 *EOE AA/M/F/D/V*

About University of North Carolina at Greensboro
<http://academiccareers.aisnet.org/jobseeker/company/1238953/University%20of%20North%20Carolina%20at%20Greensboro?job=35946674&keywords=uncg>

Information Systems and Supply Chain Management (ISSCM) is a
well-established department that offers programs at the undergraduate,
master’s, and doctoral levels. Consisting of 11 full-time faculty members,
200+ undergraduate students, and 100+ graduate students, the Department has
an exceptional reputation in the IS area. Our MS in IT and Management
program was ranked 12th in the 2015 Best Online Graduate Programs by the
U.S. News & World Report. Our faculty members are active in research and
have published in such journals as Information Systems Research, MIS
Quarterly, Journal of Management Information Systems, Decision Sciences,
and other very high-quality journals. Faculty members in the department
have received external funding from agencies such as the National Science
Foundation, U.S. Department of Labor, and the North Carolina Department of
Transportation.

The Bryan School of Business & Economics has over 3,800 undergraduate and
graduate students and more than 100 full- and part- time faculty members
housed in six departments. Accredited by AACSB, the Bryan School is the
recipient of many honors and accolades. Our evening MBA was ranked 13th
nationally by Bloomberg Businessweek (2013) and 10th in academic quality.
UNCG was one of the three original institutions in the University of North
Carolina system (Chapel Hill and NC State were the others). Classified by
the Carnegie Foundation as a ‘high research activity’ University, UNCG is
also committed to high-quality teaching to its more than 19,500 students in
six colleges and schools. Another point of pride is that UNCG has the most
ethnically and racially diverse student population at the University of
North Carolina system. More information about the School may be found at
the following URL: http://bryan.uncg.edu.

Greensboro is the third largest city in NC with approximately 270,000
people in an MSA of some 1.6 million. Ideally located in the Piedmont Triad
region of North Carolina, Greensboro is only a few hours from either beach
or mountain. The city boasts a rapidly developing fine arts center,
child-friendly venues and a multitude of outdoor amenities. With seven
higher education institutions in the immediate area, a large industrial
base, and proximity to the Research Triangle, it is an attractive location
for dual career families.

*Rahul*
------------------------------

Rahul Singh, PhD

Associate Professor
Department of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management
Bryan School of Business and Economics
Room 481, Bryan Building
The University of North Carolina, Greensboro

P.O. Box 26165 , Greensboro, NC 27402-6165
Phone: (336) 256-0260
Fax (336) 334-4083

[image: UNCG BAE Logo]

e-mail: rahul at uncg.edu.