[AISWorld] [Call for Participation] SIGLEAD Annual Meeting at AMCIS Boston 2017

Eom, Mike eom at up.edu
Tue Jul 25 13:57:10 EDT 2017

Hi SIGLEAD members and fellow AIS members,

The leadership group of Special Interest Group (SIG) in IT Leadership (SIGLEAD) is proudly announce SIGLEAD's annual meeting at AMCIS Boston 2017 and kindly invite all SIGLEAD members and AIS members who're active and interested in IT leadership research and/or joining SIGLEAD - we welcome everyone, the atmosphere will be very informal and collegial with free of charge to attend!

We aim and strive to 1) encourage and promote the study of IS leadership; 2) create a forum for the discussion, exchange, and dissemination of information on IS leadership.  Topics we currently pursue include, but not limited to, 1) educating and developing IS leaders, creating sustainable IS leadership, IS leadership research, IS leadership readiness assessment, attributes of effective IS leaders, IS technological leadership, impact of IS leadership on firm performance, types of IS leadership among many others.

§  Time & Date: 7:00PM - 8:30PM, Friday, August 11, 2017

§  Place: TBD but at the conference hotel, Sheraton Boston Downtown (please look out for the follow-up email and/or consult AMCIS schedule)

§  Free of charge and Refreshment (cookies, cupcakes, soda and coffee) will be served

The meeting agenda includes following and more:

1.       Voting for new secretary, Joseph Taylor at Cal State, (stepping in for Jim Denford who's served for SIGLEAD for many years - thanks Jim!) as well as one more serving term for current president and treasurer

2.       Possible collaboration with ACM SIGMIS group (chair, Fred Niederman at St. Louis Univ) for future events

3.       Update on practitioner journal with IT professionals

4.       Special issue with ISM through AMCIS 2018

5.       Possible collaboration with IS researchers in Asian-Pacific region for our presence at PACIS

We hope to see all there at AMCIS and are looking forward to meeting/having you in our annual meeting!

Thanks and God Bless,

Mike Eom
Mike (Tae-In) Eom, Ph.D.
Professor of Information Systems
Emerald Distinguished Professor of Operations & Technology Management
President, AIS SIG LEAD
Franz Hall 412,
Pamplin School of Business Administration,
The University of Portland,
5000 N. Willamette Blvd.,
Portland, OR 97203, USA
Phone: 503-943-7185
Fax: 503-943-8041
Email: eom at up.edu<mailto:eom at up.edu>
Webpage: https://www1.up.edu/directory/Mike-Eom.html
UP OTM: https://business.up.edu/undergraduate/msotm-4plus1.html<http://business.up.edu/default.aspx?cid=9910&pid=456>
AIS SIG LEAD: https://www.linkedin.com/grp/home?gid=6992925
[li]<http://www.linkedin.com/in/mikeeomup>[tt]<https://twitter.com/onefineday2012>
[SIM_LogoTag_Member][ais-siglead-logo-1]