[AISWorld] Sad news - Professor Emeritus Pentti Kerola passed away

Juhani Iivari Juhani.Iivari at oulu.fi
Fri Jul 28 10:54:01 EDT 2017

Dear Colleague,

I am sorry  to let you know that Pentti Kerola, Professor of Emeritus at the Department of Information Processing Science, University of Oulu, Finland, passed away on July 28, 2017? after a long disease. Pentti was one of the pioneers of Information Systems in Scandinavia and especially in Finland. He served as the professor at the department from 1972 to 1998, when he retired.

Pentti leaves behind his wife Marja-Liisa and three sons from his first marriage.

Pentti's funeral will be on August 13th, 2017. If you wish to express you condolence (and memories) to Pentti's family, please send them to me. I will compile them in a single document and communicate them to his wife and sons at the funeral.

Juhani Iivari

juhani.iivari at oulu.fi

?