[AISWorld] AMCIS 2018: Call for Track Proposals, due 8/23

Schiller, Shu shu.schiller at wright.edu
Mon Jul 31 11:15:24 EDT 2017

From: Program CoChairs AMCIS2018 <amcis2018.program at gmail.com>

Dear colleagues,

With AMCIS 2017 around the corner, we hope that you are already looking forward to AMCIS 2018 to be held in New Orleans, LA from August 16th - 18th, 2018.

As the AMCIS 2018 Program Chairs, we would like to invite you to organize a track at AMCIS 2018. The theme of AMCIS 2018 is Digital Disruption. Digital disruption is the powerful transformation that drives how businesses create value with new digital technologies. Digital disruption transforms all industries, and manifests itself through a variety of digital tools, services, and artifacts. It fuels more rapid and on-going innovation in businesses. For businesses, digital disruption is not an if, but a when. Having the understanding and ability to respond to digital disruptions is key for businesses to maintain competitive advantage.

While such a theme statement is built on a broad aggregation of many components, the IS topics most closely aligned with this theme would include (but not limited to):

Digital transformation of industries

Expansion of the digital footprint of companies

Innovative use of emerging technologies

Healthcare informatics and outcomes

New digital-based business models

Consumerization of IT

Digital agility

Fostering digital culture

Converting digital use to value

Creating value through big data

Securing IT-based value

If you are interested in hosting a track for AMCIS 2018, please:

1.     Read the track chair responsibilities at the end of this message.

2.     By August 23rd, submit your track proposal via email using the attached template.

3.     Each track should have two to three co-chairs.

4.     Feel free to collaborate with other tracks, SIGs, Chapters or Colleges to host a joint track. However, each individual should not chair more than one track.

We will hold a meeting (information session) for potential AMCIS 2018 Track Chairs (and potential Minitrack chairs) in Boston at AMCIS 2017. Our goal is to answer your questions regarding track and minitrack submissions and management. We will also introduce Precision Conference System (PCS), the submission system recently adopted by AIS and to be used for AMCIS 2018.

AMCIS 2018 Track Chairs Meeting (Info Session) with Breakfast

Saturday, August 12th

7:30 AM - 8:30 AM

Room: Backbay A

AMCIS 2018 Tentative Timeline

August 23: Track proposals due (submit via email to amcis2018.program at gmail.com)

August 30: Track decisions due

September 20: System opens for Minitrack proposals

October 18: Minitrack proposals due

October 25: Track chairs’ decisions on minitracks due

October 31: Minitrack decisions announced

Early January 2018: System opens for general paper submissions

Early March 2018: General paper submissions due

Let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to receiving your track proposals!

Best wishes,

AMCIS 2018 Program Co-Chairs

amcis2018.program at gmail.com

Ashley Bush abush at fsu.edu

Shu Schiller shu.schiller at wright.edu

Varun Grover (advisory) vgrover at uark.edu

Track Chair Responsibilities

With you, we will develop an exciting program that draws upon the best of SIG-driven AMCIS traditions and continues successful recent initiatives such as the Emergent Research Forums (ERF), the Professional Development Symposium (PDS), and the Technology Research, Education, and Opinion (TREO) Talks, offering even more opportunities for participation, collaboration, and dialogue.

As Program Chairs, we are committed to stronger participation from AIS SIGs, Chapters, and Colleges, and a climate of support and teamwork that allows all of us to contribute to and enjoy AMCIS 2018, as an important opportunity for us to gather with old colleagues and embrace new ones.

We cordially invite SIGs and previous non-SIG tracks to propose tracks on their particular field of interest. Each track should have two or three co-chairs. One of the co-chairs should be designated as the primary contact person.

The responsibilities of the co-chairs will be to:

1)     Liaise with the program chairs on all matters that concern the conference.

2)     Promote the track and take sufficient measures to ensure an adequate number of minitracks and submissions.

3)     Work with minitrack chairs to manage the review cycle for the papers submitted to your track.

4)     Recommend to the program co-chairs those papers that may eventually be accepted for inclusion into the conference program.

5)     Nominate papers for the Best Paper Award.

6)     Personally (at least one of the track co-chairs should) attend AMCIS 2017 and serve as session chair in the proposed track session(s).

7)     Abstain from submitting your own paper to your own track.