[AISWorld] Faculty Positions in Digital Forensics/Cyber Security in the School of Business at the University at Albany, SUNY

Goel, Sanjay goel at albany.edu
Fri Aug 4 11:09:06 EDT 2017

The School of Business of the University at Albany, State University of New York invites applications for 3 tenure track Assistant Professor positions in Digital Forensics and Cyber Security beginning fall 2018. Exceptional candidates at associate level can also be considered. These positions are part of a multi-year initiative to implement a Digital Forensics program at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
Please note that we will be interviewing at AMCIS in Boston. Please send me an email to the chair of the search Sanjay Goel (goel at albany.edu)<mailto:goel at albany.edu)> if you are interested in interviewing.
Qualifications:
Candidates should have a Ph.D. in MIS, Computer Science, Information Science, or a related discipline, along with a strong background in the information security and/or digital forensics. The faculty will support the very successful undergraduate program in Digital Forensics as well as a new 1-year master’s program in Digital Forensics.
We expect new faculty members to participate in research, curriculum development, teaching, and grant-related activities (writing, reporting, and management). We have a long history of strong research funding and will prefer candidates with demonstrated experience in applying for and obtaining external funding.
This is a 10-month appointment that allows for supplementary summer salary from research funding. The normal teaching load is two courses per semester for faculty who work with graduate students and who are research active (before course buyouts). We expect new faculty to strengthen our majors, strengthen our undergraduate program, and strengthen the University mission through (i) teaching with distinction, (ii) maintaining a strong externally-funded research program, (iii) effectively mentoring graduate students, and (iv) participating as necessary in service to the department, school, and the university.
Requirements:
Applicants should expect to have a Ph.D. by September 2018 from a university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.  We will also consider exceptional candidates who are expected to defend and complete their dissertation work in fall 2018. Applicants must address in their applications their ability to work with and instruct a culturally diverse population.
Additional Information:
Professional Rank and Salary Range:  Assistant Professor – Competitive
Start Date:  Fall 2018
For any questions regarding the positions or the search process please reach out the the Chair of the search Prof. Sanjay Goel at goel at albany.edu<mailto:goel at albany.edu> or 518 495 5500.
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:

  1.  A detailed curriculum vita with publications cited in detail
  2.  Information on present or past grants (both grants applied and grants successful)
  3.  A statement of research and teaching goals
  4.  The names and contact information of three references
  5.  Applicants must address in their applications their ability to work with and instruct a culturally diverse population
  6.  At least three reference letters (send to the chair of the search committee)
The entire package should be submitted via the interview exchange link below:
https://albany.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=53140<https://albany.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=78357>
Best Wishes,
Sanjay Goel

Director of Research, NYS Center for Information Forensics and Assurance
Chair and Professor, Information Technology Management, School of Business
University at Albany, State University of New York
Massry Center for Business (BB) 301G, 1400 Washington Ave. Albany, NY 12222
PH: (518) 956-8323     FX: (518) 442-4042
http://www.albany.edu/~goel