[AISWorld] 2017 Workshop on e-Business (WeB 2017) Call for Papers
han.zhang at scheller.gatech.edu
Mon Aug 14 11:26:40 EDT 2017
WeB 2017 Call for Papers
The Workshop on e-Business (WeB) is a premier annual one-day conference on e-Business and e-Commerce held in conjunction with International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS). The purpose of WeB is to provide an open forum for e-Business researchers and practitioners world-wide, to share topical research findings, explore novel ideas, discuss success stories and lessons learned, map out major challenges, and collectively chart future directions for e-Business.
The 16th Workshop on e-Business (WeB) is to be held in Seoul, Korea on December 10th, 2017. The theme of WeB 2017 is "Digital transformation: challenges and opportunities." The workshop website is: http://web2017.uos.ac.kr/. WeB 2017 provides a forum for scholars to exchange ideas and share findings on the above themes. We invite original research articles with a broad coverage of topics on consumers, citizens, businesses, industries and governments, ranging from technical to strategic issues. We are calling for papers in the following areas, but not limited to these areas:
* International e-Business
* Incentives, disruptions and obstacles in global e-Business
* Policies on the sharing economy and platform economy
* Intelligent response systems in e-Business
* e-Business and Social Media
* Big Data methods, analysis and tools
* Privacy and security
* Peer-to-Peer markets and Cloud funding
* Research methods/methodology, agendas, and work in progress.
* Submission deadline: Sep. 8, 2017
* Notification of paper acceptance: Oct. 13, 2017
* Deadline for final camera-ready version of accepted papers: Nov. 10, 2017
* Honorary Chairs : Andrew B. Whinston (University of Texas at Austin, USA)
* Conference co-chairs: Michael J. Shaw (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA) and Byungjoon Yoo (Seoul National University, Korea)
* Program organizing Co-Chairs: Wooje Cho (University of Seoul, Korea), Ming Fan (University of Washington, Seattle, USA), and Han Zhang (Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA)
* Local Organizing Committee Co-Chairs: Young Bong Chang (Sungkyunkwan University, Korea), Seongmin Jeon (Gachon University, Korea), Jaehong Park (Kyung Hee University, Korea)
SIGeBIZ, Seoul National University, University of Seoul, Georgia Institute of Technology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and University of Washington at Seattle
Selected papers presented at WeB 2017 will be shortlisted for fast track submission to a special issue of Information Systems and eBusiness Management published by Springer. There is also plan to publish selected papers in a dedicated volume of Lecture notes in Business Information Processing.
Han Zhang, Ph.D.
Professor of Information Technology Management
Steven A. Denning Professor of Technology & Management
Faculty Director, Denning Technology & Management Program
Ernest Scheller Jr. College of Business
Georgia Institute of Technology
800 West Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30308-0520
More information about the AISWorld