[AISWorld] MISQE Special Issue Workshops and SI Call for Papers - Optimizing the Digital Workforce - Deadline for workshop abstract submission is September 15, 2017 and SI full submission is March 17, 2018

Jeria Quesenberry jeriaq at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Aug 15 10:41:07 EDT 2017

MISQE Special Issue Workshops and SI Call for Papers - Optimizing the Digital Workforce - Deadline for workshop abstract submission is September 15, 2017 and SI full submission is March 17, 2018

In preparation for MIS Quarterly Executive’s (MISQE) Special Issue on Optimizing the Digital Workforce, we invite you to submit an abstract for presentation at one of two pre-conference Society for Information Management/MIS Quarterly Executive Academic Workshops. We will hold one workshop just before ICIS 2017 in Seoul and one just before HICSS 2018 in Hawaii. You may submit for one or both. We also invite you to submit a full paper to the MISQE Special Issue (December 2018 publication).

More information at: http://misqe.org/ojs2/templates/common/2018_Call_for_Papers.pdf <http://misqe.org/ojs2/templates/common/2018_Call_for_Papers.pdf>

Our objective of the workshops and special issue is to examine the strategic business opportunities and management challenges associated with managing a diverse and evolving digital workforce. MIS Quarterly Executive bridges practice and research and is sponsored by the Society for Information Management and the Association for Information Systems. We are looking for submissions based on case and/or field studies that provide rich illustrations, frameworks, or lessons to guide management in successful strategies for managing this increasingly diverse, digital workforce. We welcome submissions based on both primary and secondary sources. This Special Issue of MIS Quarterly Executive (and the journal in general) seeks both original research and rigorous research published in traditional venues that have practical lessons learned for management.

Digital workforce topics may include all aspects of digital workforce management, including recruiting, developing, retaining, motivating, or compensating. It may include, but is not limited to:
• Workforce diversity, including multi-cultural and multi-generational strategies
• New digital talent metrics and talent analytics
• Remote workers and the virtual workforce, including crowdsourcing and managing virtual “crowd workers”
• Offshoring and shifting skill composition and relationships with a global workforce
• Work displacement, destruction, and creation
• How firms are flexing to manage an aging workforce and skill drain
• Skills (re)training, new work routines and human capital development opportunities

Workshops Call for Abstracts Submission Deadlines:
• Sept. 15, 2017: By this date or earlier, please submit an abstract of no more than 2 single-spaced pages of text and up to 2 figures. We will not count figures and references in the 2-page limit.
• Oct. 13, 2017: Notification of workshop acceptance with preliminary editorial feedback. o Please advise with your submission if you required expedited notification due to visa or funding requirements.

Special Issue of MIS Quarterly Executive (December 2018) Submission Deadlines:
Authors do not have to submit to or attend the HICSS or pre-ICIS workshop to submit to the Special Issue. Papers will be submitted to a regular MISQE review process under the guidance of the special issue editors. Submissions to MISQE should be written for an IT executive readership and should describe practiceoriented research findings and guidelines.
• Special Issue full paper submission deadline: March 17, 2018
• First editorial review sent to authors: May 7, 2018
• Paper resubmission based on editor feedback deadline: June 30, 2018
• Second editorial review, decision, and suggestions to authors: August 7, 2018
• Final submission of accepted papers deadline: October 5, 2018
• MISQE publication: December 2018

Special Issue Guest Editors:
• Michelle Kaarst-Brown (mlbrow03 at syr.edu <mailto:mlbrow03 at syr.edu>) (MISQE Senior Editor)
• Fred Niederman (niederfa at slu.edu <mailto:niederfa at slu.edu>)