[AISWorld] Announcing the Latest Issue of The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems (48:3)

Petter, Stacie Stacie_Petter at baylor.edu
Tue Aug 15 15:29:46 EDT 2017

The August 2017 issue of The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems is available in the ACM Digital Library (http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=J219).  This issue includes an editorial as well as five research articles on several topics of interest to IS researchers in the areas of security, web-based communications, shared service providers, and IT entrepreneurship turnover.

We are pleased to share that in this issue of The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems (Vol. 48, No. 3), you can learn:

- Why we all need to have concerns about the potential threats related to cybersecurity in our research, in organizations, and/or in our personal lives in the editorial, "On Cybersecurity Loafing and Cybercomplacency" by Tom Stafford (https://doi.org/10.1145/3130515.3130517).

- How to guard against insider security threats based on a comprehensive review of IS security policy literature in "Review of IS Security Policy Compliance: Toward the Building Blocks of an IS Security Theory" by Puzant Balozian and Dorothy Leidner (https://doi.org/10.1145/3130515.3130518).

- The role of individual behaviors in stimulating security threats within organizations and how to neutralize these threats based on a case study of a financial organization in "From Information Security Awareness to Reasoned Compliant Action: Analyzing Information Security Policy Compliance in a Large Banking Organization" by Stefan Bauer and Edward W.N. Bernroider (https://doi.org/10.1145/3130515.3130519).

- How organizations incorporate local cultural values in the development of their corporate websites in this cross-cultural study, "Strategic Insights into Localizing Web Communications: Evidence from South Korea" by Nitish Singh, Ji Eun Park, Wootae Chun, Francisco Tigre Moura, and Seung H. Kim (https://doi.org/10.1145/3130515.3130520).

- How mission-critical administrative tasks performed via shared services in the public sector can be better supported through ICTs to gain efficiencies and improve effectiveness in "Public Sector Shared Services Move Out of the 'Back-Office': The Role of Public Policy and Mission Criticality" by Arthur P. Tomasino, Jane Fedorowicz, and Christine B. Williams (https://doi.org/10.1145/3130515.3130521).

- The value of the concept of entrepreneurial mind-shift to understand reasons for IT entrepreneurship turnover in "Awakening the Dormant Dream: The Concept of Entrepreneurial Mind-Shifts" by Gaëtan Mourmant and Katerina Voutsina (https://doi.org/10.1145/3130515.3130522).

To read these articles or access prior issues of The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems, visit the ACM Digital Library (http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=J219).  For more information about how to submit your work to The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems, visit www.TheDataBase.org<http://www.TheDataBase.org>.

To those that stopped by our exhibit booth at AMCIS 2017 in Boston, thanks for coming by!  We enjoyed meeting current and potential authors.  Please visit our exhibit booth at ICIS 2017 in Seoul to meet us as well as some of our Senior Editors and members of our Preeminent Editorial Board.

Sincerely,

Stacie Petter & Tom Stafford

Editors-in-Chief, The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems

editors at thedatabase.org<mailto:editors at thedatabase.org>