[AISWorld] AMCIS 2018: Call for Minitrack Proposals, due Oct 18

ProgramCoChairs AMCIS2018 amcis2018.program at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 07:35:23 EDT 2017

 We invite the submission of minitrack proposals to AMCIS 2018, which will
be held on August 16-18, 2018 in New Orleans, LA. The conference provides
many opportunities for participation, collaboration, and dialogue related
to the conference theme, Digital Disruption.

Digital disruption is the powerful transformation that drives how
businesses create value with new digital technologies. Digital disruption
transforms all industries, and manifests itself through a variety of
digital tools, services, and artifacts. It fuels more rapid and on-going
innovation in businesses. We look forward to gathering with you in New
Orleans to exchange knowledge on digital disruption and to strengthen and
deepen our collaboration in information systems.

If you are interested in submitting a minitrack proposal, please notice the
following important information.

   - Minitracks will be managed under tracks. Please visit the descriptions
   of AMCIS 2018 tracks
   <http://amcis2018.aisnet.org/submissions/track-descriptions/> and
   identify a related track that you will submit to.
   - By October 18, submit your minitrack proposal to the PCS system.
   Instructions are posted on the conference website
   <http://amcis2018.aisnet.org/submissions/timeline/>.

If accepted, minitrack chairs will be responsible for:

   - promoting their minitrack to generate manuscript submissions to the
   conference
   - soliciting and assigning reviewers for manuscripts submitted to the
   minitrack
   - providing a summary report to authors based on reviews
   - making recommendations to track chairs about each manuscript submitted
   to the minitrack
   - nominating best papers and reviewers.

*AMCIS 2018 Tentative Timeline*
September 20, 2017: PCS opens for minitrack proposals
October 18, 2017: Minitrack proposals due
October 25, 2017: Track chairs make recommendations on minitracks
November 1, 2017: Minitrack decisions announced
January 2018: System opens for general paper submissions

We look forward to receiving your minitrack proposals!

Best wishes,

AMCIS 2018 Program Co-Chairs
amcis2018.program at gmail.com

Ashley Bush, abush at fsu.edu