[AISWorld] Tenure track position in Business Data Analytics (Tampere University of Technology Finland)

Samuli Pekkola samuli.pekkola at tut.fi
Fri Sep 29 05:18:28 EDT 2017

Tampere University of Technology (TUT) has an open tenure track position in Business Data Analytics.

We are broadly interested in candidates who complement our current expertise and activities in the fields of  information and knowledge management, information systems, or industrial management. We are interested in candidates with an understanding of both the business domain and the methods and tools of data analytics. Candidates with expertise in only one of these areas do not fulfil the requirements of the position. However, we have no preferences for the candidates' business domain, methodological stance (such as hypothesis-driven vs. data-driven research), or their approach towards data analytics.

The candidates' research may explore several different perspectives on data analytics in a business context. We are especially looking for candidates with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- data-based value creation
- data-based decision making
- tools and methods of data analysis for collecting, analyzing and visualizing data and for supporting decision-making
- tools and methods for intelligent business data analysis
- data governance in business and for business data (including data cleaning, quality improvement, data processes, etc.)
- visualization of business data
- software applications for data analysis in a business context.

The position will be filled at the level of Assistant Professor (1st term or 2nd term) or Associate Professor.
For more information on TUT's tenure track system, please visit www.tut.fi/openpositions - Tenure track.

TUT has ambitious and challenging goals to maintain effective, high-quality research and education and a commitment to make a positive impact on society. TUT is an active research community with a strong community spirit that fosters intense collaboration with industry, business and students, and offers opportunities for growth and advancement in academia. The University is recognized for active international collaboration in both research and education.

TUT offers opportunities and support for professional development, such as language courses, pedagogical training, management training and other professional training. In addition, TUT provides a wide range of staff benefits, such as occupational health care, flexible working hours, excellent campus sports facilities, and several campus restaurants and cafés with staff discounts. TUT received the European Commission's HR Excellence in Research Award in 2014.

Tampere is counted among the major academic hubs in the Nordic countries and offers a dynamic living environment. Tampere region is one of the most rapidly growing urban areas in Finland and home to a vibrant knowledge-intensive entrepreneurial community. The city is an industrial powerhouse that enjoys a rich cultural scene and a reputation as a centre of Finland's information society. (http://visittampere.fi)

For more information and to apply: http://careers.fi/tty/careers.cgi?action=view&job_id=1233&lang=uk#.Wc4PUGeIg5F
Deadline for applications: October 31 2017.

--

Samuli Pekkola

Professor, Adjunct Professor, PhD
Laboratory of Industrial and Information Management
Tampere University of Technology
PO Box 541, 33101 Tampere, Finland
t: +358 (0)40 586 0791
e: samuli.pekkola at tut.fi<mailto:samuli.pekkola at tut.fi>