[AISWorld] ICIS Seoul Workshops and Member Events

Wright, Ryan (rtw2n) rtw2n at comm.virginia.edu
Wed Oct 25 20:46:56 EDT 2017

Workshops and member events add so much richness to the I "C" IS experience. If you haven't registered for the conference yet (or even if you have), we encourage you to look at the 38 different ancillary events that surround the main ICIS conference experience. We have options for every AIS member including Special Interest Group (SIG) paper workshops, country chapter meetings, career-focused workshops, and much more.

We are also excited to have other related ancillary events that are of high relevance and interest to the AIS community that explore a broad array of topics related to the development and use of information technologies.

To see all the different events, please go to https://icis2017.aisnet.org/events/ancillary-meetings/

Find your academic community and find a workshop or event that fits you! We'd encourage you to reach out to the event organizer if you have any questions about fit.

We have included some chapter and AIS membership events that may be of interest.

Ancillary Workshop Chairs
Lakshmi Iyer (VP of AIS SIGs and Colleges), Jae Yun Moon, and Ryan Wright (VP of AIS Membership)

AIS Membership/Chapter Events by Date
Saturday, December 9

  *   Meeting of the MENA Chapter of AIS (http://mena-ais.webs.com/)

It is our pleasure to invite you to the meeting of the MENA Chapter of AIS to be organized during ICIS 2017. The MENA-AIS chapter is the premier academic association for individuals and organizations who lead the research, teaching, practice, and study of information systems, e-business, e-commerce, and e-Marketing in the MENA region.
Sunday, December 10

  *   Junior Faculty Consortium (http://icis2017.aisnet.org/events/junior-faculty-workshop/)

This consortium will take place on December 10, 2017 (Sunday) from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the COEX Convention Center in Soeul. There will be a keynote speech, panel discussions, and interactive sessions built around issues relevant to the career development of junior faculty members. Participants will have opportunities to interact with a selected group of faculty mentors, with whom they can share their thoughts and concerns about developing their careers.

  *   Mid-Career Faculty Workshop (http://icis2017.aisnet.org/events/1895-2/ )

A workshop for mid-career faculty, by mid-career faculty!

  *   JPAIS/JASMIN International Meeting 2017 (https://sites.google.com/site/jpaisnet/home)

Discuss the issues surrounding the information system in Japan. Exploring the way of new information society based on new technology trends such as Cloud, AI, Mobility, Big Data, Robotics, IoT, Cybersecurity. Contact Motonari Tanabu tanabu-motonari-dz at ynu.ac.jp<mailto:tanabu-motonari-dz at ynu.ac.jp> for more information.

  *   ICIS Doctoral Consortium Reunion

This event is open to participants of any ICIS Doctoral Consortium, both students and mentors. We hope you'll join us to catch up on what's happened over the years and to meet your colleagues from other years. Contact Alan Dennis ardennis at indiana.edu<mailto:ardennis at indiana.edu> for more information.
Monday, December 11

  *   AIS Women's Networking Event (http://aiswn.org)

Join the AIS Women's Network for networking among all AIS members. We will provide time to connect with others in your field of interest and organize small group discussions to address obstacles and opportunities related to diversity and inclusion. More information about the event can be found on our website http://aiswn.org or they may contact us via email directly - dawn.owens at utdallas.edu or gondyleroy at email.arizona.edu.

  *   Region 3 Scholars Reception and Meeting

Join the first AIS Region 3 (Asian and Pacific) scholar reception and meeting. All AIS members, especially Region 3 scholars, are welcome. We will provide time for you to connect with others in your field of interest, share experience of obstacles and opportunities related to being a scholar in Region 3 (culture, language, and social exclusion, etc.), and get advice for coping with them. Cocktails, cold canapes, hot hors d'oeuvres, snacks, Asian fusion tapas bar, fruit, and sweets will be offered. Stop by and enjoy some happy hours of being a Region 3 scholar. Contact Ming-Hui Huang huangmh at ntu.edu.tw<mailto:huangmh at ntu.edu.tw> for more information.
Wednesday, December 13

  *   KrAIS Post-ICIS Workshop (https://sites.google.com/site/kraisweb/2017)

Participants at KrAIS (Korean Chapter of the AIS) workshop engage with scholars from different schools, nations, and continents, while developing relationships for future collaborative research, exploring important research questions, seeking / sharing professional advice on career development, and most importantly building long lasting friendships. Contact Jahyun Goo jgoo at fau.edu<mailto:jgoo at fau.edu> for more information.