[AISWorld] Tenure Track Assistant Professorships in Digitalization - Copenhagen Business School (CBS)
ct.digi at cbs.dk
Sat Nov 4 12:52:58 EDT 2017
[Tenure Track Assistant Professorships in Digitalization]
Copenhagen Business School (CBS) invites applications for 2 or more vacant International Tenure Track Assistant Professorships at the Department of Digitalization (DIGI).
The Department of Digitalization is one of the largest of its kind in Europe. Our aspirations are equally grand for our research and for our degree programmes. Currently the Department of Digitalization ranks 1st in Europe and 13th worldwide in terms of publications in the AIS Senior Scholars’ ‘Basket of Eight’ journals. The department´s research is organized around themes which are contemporary, dynamic, inter-disciplinary and topical in nature.
Examples of research themes in which departmental members might participate include:
• Open Big Data
• The Future of Money
• IT in Mergers and Acquisitions
• Social Media Management
• The Internet of Things
• Business models for Cloud Computing
• Sharing Economy
• Digital Transformation of Work
Please read more about the department at https://www.cbs.dk/en/research/departments-and-centres/department-of-digitalization and please familiarize yourself with our strategy (that can be found via “Mission and values”).
Educational responsibilities with the department comprise undergraduate and graduate teaching in: Bachelor in Business Administration and Information Systems, MSc in Business Administration and Information Systems and the MSc in IT (eBusiness).
The Assistant Professorship is a four-year tenure track position with research and teaching obligations in accordance with Danish legislation and CBS regulations. Decision on tenure is taken between the third and the fourth year.
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant(s) chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department. The successful applicant is obliged to participate in the assistant professor program at CBS on teaching principles and methods in order to fulfill the pedagogical requirements made at the end of the term of employment as assistant professor.
• Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including Executive Education • Individual and group based research meeting high international standards • Promoting CBS’s academic reputation • Initiating, fund raising and coordinating research projects • Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School • Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the department and to CBS-wide tasks • Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular • Research, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline • Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching • Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences
The assistant professor is expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
• The applicant must hold a PhD or the equivalent. Emphasis is placed on the applicant’s research potential, which means that a researcher with a large research potential may be preferred to a researcher with a large research production.
• The applicant must have professional proficiency in English (written and spoken).
• Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
For further information please contact: Head of Department Jan Damsgaard, tel.: +45 24804309, e-mail: jd.digi at cbs.dk.
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system at: https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationForm/SinglePageApplicationForm.aspx?cid=1309&departmentId=19013&ProjectId=143758&MediaId=5.
Application must include:
• A statement of application.
• Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
• Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
• Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level.
• Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
• A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 5 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritise their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
• Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration.
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk.
<ICIS 2017 Preliminary Interviews>
Preliminary interviews with applicants will be conducted during ICIS 2017 in Seoul, South Korea.
Application Deadline: 1st December 2017.
Chee-Wee, Tan (陈致玮)
Department of Digitalization
Copenhagen Business School
Howitzvej 60, 4.18 | DK - 2000 Frederiksberg | Denmark
T: +45 4185-2149 | E: ct.digi at cbs.dk | W: www.cbs.dk/en/staff/ctadigi _______________________________________________
AISWorld mailing list
AISWorld at lists.aisnet.org
More information about the AISWorld