[AISWorld] Please join us for the 3rd Post-ICIS SIG Social Inclusion Research Workshop in Seoul, KR.

Carter, Michelle michelle.carter at wsu.edu
Wed Nov 15 12:09:07 EST 2017

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

If you are attending ICIS in Seoul, and will be in town for the last day of the conference, please consider joining us for the 3rd Post-ICIS SIG Social Inclusion  Research Workshop.

Please join us for the 3rd Post-ICIS SIG Social Inclusion Research Workshop.

WHERE: COEX Convention Center, Seoul, KR

WHEN: Wednesday, December 13, 2016, 1:00 - 6:00 pm

THEME: SOCIAL INCLUSION AND INNOVATION IN A DIGITAL WORLD

In the 2017 Post-ICIS research workshop, SIGSI casts a social inclusion lens on transforming societies through digital innovation.  Digital innovation may enable inclusion through transforming, destroying, and/or creating new shard expectations for social roles, relationships, and work, but we must be alert to the unintended consequences of such transformations. To participate fully, individuals and groups' activities must be congruent with value in a digital world or they may find themselves marginalized (unwittingly or not).  Related to this, are notions of "assimilation" and "inclusivity": where digital innovation provides the means for marginalized individuals and groups to participate but at the expense of existing cultures and identities and to the exclusion of the differently abled. In this case, exclusion occurs as digital innovation transforms social processes, even when inclusion was the intent.

The workshop will include a keynote address, panel discussions, lightning talks, and roundtable discussions of submitted work.  You do not need to have submitted a paper or a research idea, or be a current member of SIGSI, to attend the workshop.

REGISTER

Register for the workshop via: https://aisnet.org/Events/Register.aspx?id=1006129&itemid=80897696-17c6-44bf-90df-bded980af094&attendeeTypeId=10306

>From Oct. 26th - Nov. 30th, regular fees are: AIS Member, $85; AIS Student, $30; AIS Professional or Non-AIS, $110.

>From Dec. 1st and onsite registration: AIS Member, $100; AIS Student, $35; AIS Professional or Non-AIS, $125.

The registration fee includes buffet lunch, coffee/tea and cookies, and flash drive.

PROGRAM

1:00 - 1:25 pm

Registration/Networking, with finger buffet lunch

1:25 - 1:30 pm

            Opening Remarks/Keynote Introduction

1:30 - 1:55 pm

Keynote: Professor Robert M. Davison, City University of Hong Kong

1:55 - 2:40 pm

            "Ignite" session - lightning talks

2:40 - 2:50 pm

            Short Break ** No refreshments, just a chance to move around **

2:50 - 4:05 pm

Panel Session

Moderator: Michelle Carter

Panelists: K. D. Joshi, Sirkka Jarvenpaa, Adriane Randolph

4:05 - 4:20 pm

            Coffee Break, with tea/coffee and cookies

4:20 - 5:50 pm

            Roundtable Session and Roundtable Chairs' Feedback

5:50 - 6:00 pm

            Concluding Remarks

SPONSORS

SIGSI greatly appreciates sponsorship from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro

WORKSHOP COMMITTEE

For information contact the 2017 workshop committee:

Hala Annabi, hpannabi at uw.edu<mailto:hpannabi at uw.edu>

Michelle Carter, michelle.carter at wsu.edu<mailto:michelle.carter at wsu.edu>

Emma Coleman, emma.coleman at wits.ac.za<mailto:emma.coleman at wits.ac.za>

Lakshmi Iyer, iyerls at appstate.edu<mailto:iyerls at appstate.edu>

Carmen Leong, carmen.leong at unsw.edu.au<mailto:carmen.leong at unsw.edu.au>

Michelle Carter

Assistant Professor
Dept. of Management, Information Systems and Entrepreneurship
Carson College of Business
Washington State University

Affiliate Assistant Professor
The Information School
University of Washington

President, AIS SIG Social Inclusion (SIG SI)

mailing address: WSU Everett, 915 N. Broadway, Everett, WA 98201-1409
phone: 404-428-6463
email:  michelle.carter at wsu.edu<mailto:michelle.carter at wsu.edu>
skype:  michellecart
linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/michelle-carter-wsu<http://www.linkedin.com/in/michelle-carter-wsu>