[AISWorld] Assistant Professor in Information Systems and Management at Warwick Business School

Ola Henfridsson ola.henfridsson at me.com
Fri Nov 24 07:06:06 EST 2017

Dear all

(Gentle reminder: three days until the closing date)

WBS is a research-led, triple-accredited university-based business school with a portfolio of world-class programmes.

We are continuing our search for top-flight talent to join our outstanding faculty. Applications are invited at the level of Assistant Professor in Information Systems and Management.

We are looking for an internationally oriented, ambitious yet collegial early career scholar who will contribute to research and teaching within the information systems and management (ISM) group (see http://www.wbs.ac.uk/research/staff/?department=ISM). We view the search as an opportunity to further enhance our ambition to be one of the top information systems groups, where intellectual leadership and curiosity are highly valued.

The successful candidate will have completed or will be near the completion of their doctoral studies, and will need to have a demonstrable capacity to publish at the very top level and also an ambitious future research agenda. Evidence of an emerging record of publishing in high quality academic journals would be an advantage.

Please further details at:

https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?owner=5062452&ownertype=fair&jcode=1686480&vt_template=1457&adminview=1

Closing date: 27 Nov 2017

We will be interviewing at ICIS. Campus visits will be organized in January 2018.

All the best

Ola

Further info:

Warwick Business School (WBS) is a world-class business school at the heart of a world-class University

We’re recognised for our academic excellence, our determination to challenge assumptions, and our connectivity to the broader university. We offer a broad range of undergraduate, graduate and executive courses. We recruit the brightest students, offer exceptional learning experiences, have a positive impact on society, produce impactful research that is published in premier journals, and employ outstanding faculty who are global experts in their fields. We are a global school with a cosmopolitan outlook. We believe in the power of an entrepreneurial mind-set to change the world for the better, and that business schools should have a significant role in fuelling that change. So we welcome the problem solvers, value creators and change makers who share our intellectual curiosity. As one of Europe’s leading global business schools we set out to lead the debate through our transformative research, and to develop inquisitive minds that will make a positive impact in an ever-changing world.

Our vision is: to be Europe’s leading University-based Business School, developing transformational ideas and people that shape how we do business. Our vision is supported by our three-fold mission:

• To develop cutting-edge research that leads debate and deepens our understanding of the practice of business and management.

• To provide a transformational learning experience, enabling our stakeholders to realise their full potential.

• To work in partnership with policy and practice, both in terms of our research and teaching activities, to catalyse the impact of our work.

Our reputation is based on our world-class staff, both academic and administrative, and world-class facilities. In addition, as the largest department of the University of Warwick we have a very talented and diverse student body, with students from around 120 countries across our undergraduate, masters, MBA, PhD and DBA programmes.

Accreditation and rankings

WBS is proud to be part of an elite group of global business schools who have been accredited by all three premier international management education bodies:

• European Foundation for Management Development’s quality inspectorate, EQUIS

• The Association of MBAs, based in the UK

• AACSB International – the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, based in the USA. WBS was the first UK institution to attain this accreditation

Current details of our placing in the various media-based rankings can be found here

The Financial Times

• Ranks our Full-time MBA in the global top 50 and 7th in the UK

• Ranks our Distance learning MBA 2nd in the world, and 1st in the UK

• Ranks our Executive MBA in the world’s top 25

• Ranks our MSc in Finance 9th in the world and 1st in the UK.

• Ranks our MSc in Management 21st in the world.

Our Full-time MBA is ranked 1st in the UK and 20th in the world by The Economist.

WBS London, The Shard

In 2015, WBS opened its downtown campus at London’s iconic building, The Shard, the tallest building in the European Union, offering the following part-time courses there:

• DBA – Doctor of Business Administration

• Executive MBA

• Tailored Executive Education courses for companies and individuals

• Postgraduate qualifications in Central Banking and Financial Regulation, delivered exclusively for, and in partnership with, the Bank of England

Why WBS?

Our academics produce world-leading research in all fields of management, which is why we attract the very best PhD candidates. 100% of full-time faculty who both teach and research at WBS have PhDs and our doctoral community is thriving.

We offer a range of executive education programmes including diplomas, short courses, and customised programmes for corporate clients and individuals, and consult with industry to keep our programmes fresh, relevant, and accessible. The fact that many graduates return for further study with us later in their careers demonstrates our effective blend of academic research with the practicalities of the workplace.

--

Ola Henfridsson, PhD

Professor of Information Systems & Management

Warwick Business School

The University of Warwick

Coventry CV4 7AL

United Kingdom