[AISWorld] Announcing the Latest Issue of The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems (48:4)

Petter, Stacie Stacie_Petter at baylor.edu
Tue Nov 28 12:15:11 EST 2017

We are excited to announce that the November 2017 of The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems is now available in the ACM Digital Library (http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=J219).  In this most recent issue of The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems (Vol. 48, No. 4), we have an issue that contains research addressing wide-ranging issues using a variety of research methods.

In this issue, learn about:

- Why we should consider online gaming as a relevant context and phenomena in information systems research in the editorial, "More than Child's Play: Embracing the Study of Online Gaming in Information Systems Research" by Stacie Petter (https://doi.org/10.1145/3158421.3158423).

- A history of The Data Base for the Advances in Information Systems and SIGMIS from the Chair of ACM SIGMIS, Fred Niederman (https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=3158421&CFID=1009496702&CFTOKEN=93622743#<https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=3158421&CFID=1009496702&CFTOKEN=93622743> - Located in the Front Matter PDF file).

- The impact that negative emotions have on discussions within online communities in "The Influence of Negative Emotions on Customer Innovation Activities: An Examination Using Sentiment Analysis" by Hanjun Lee, Suyeon Jeong, and Yongmoo Suh (https://doi.org/10.1145/3158421.3158424).

- The challenges faced by employees during a substantial change in technology and processes within a firm, and how this can trigger emotional responses and a need for coping strategies in  "Change-Related Communication and Employees' Responses During the Anticipation Stage of IT-Enabled Organizational Transformation: A Case Study" by HsingYi Tsai and Deborah Compeau (https://doi.org/10.1145/3158421.3158425).

- The cumulation of prior research and the need for future research that examines the relationship between organizational knowledge and the degree of IT assimilation in the article, "A Meta-Analysis of Organizational Learning and IT Assimilation" by Nicholas Roberts, Jennifer Gerow, Anand Jeyaraj, and Sara Roberts (https://doi.org/10.1145/3158421.3158426).

- How we can understand knowledge in the context of technologies that are producing volumes of data in "Big Data, the Internet of Things, and the Revised Knowledge Pyramid" by Murray Jennex (https://doi.org/10.1145/3158421.3158427).

- Why individuals choose to share their knowledge within teams in "Exploring the Effects of Team Collaborative Norms and Team Identification on the Quality of Individuals' Knowledge Contribution in Teams" by Shin-Yuan Hung, Hui-Min Lai, David Yen, and Chun-Yi Chen (https://doi.org/10.1145/3158421.3158428).

To read these articles or access prior issues of The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems, visit the ACM Digital Library (http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=J219).  We hope you will consider submitting your research to The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems. For more information about how to submit your work to The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems, visit www.TheDataBase.org<http://www.TheDataBase.org>.

If you are attending the International Conference in Information Systems in Seoul, we look forward to seeing you there! On Saturday, December 9, ACM SIGMIS is hosting a reception from 5:30pm - 8:00pm.  Also, The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems is sponsoring an exhibit booth during the conference.  Stop by the booth and meet some of the editors of this publication.  See you in Seoul!

Sincerely,

Stacie Petter & Tom Stafford

Editors-in-Chief, The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems

editors at thedatabase.org<mailto:editors at thedatabase.org>