[AISWorld] ICIS 2017 - Doctoral Student Corner Sign Up!

Jessica Pye jessica.pye at eci.gsu.edu
Sun Dec 3 15:31:33 EST 2017

ATTENTION ICIS PhD Students!

There is still time to sign up for the Doctoral Student Corner Buddy Group!!

The only event that requires advance sign-up is the "Buddy Groups" offering. To participate, simply fill out this (ridiculously short) survey by December 6th: http://wpcareyschool.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3Wqb2Z6Z7aBIfTD

We will assign you to groups of three students and send out a link to the assignments right before the conference. The point of the buddy group is that you reach out to each other via email, exchange information, and agree to meet up and chat at the conference (grab a coffee together or find each other at the doc student corner kick-off and head to the opening reception together!). It's very informal, but a good way to start seeding connections with other students.

We are doing several activities at the corner during the conference coffee breaks on Monday and Tuesday. I highly recommend the "round table" discussions, where you get a chance to receive scholarly advice from some high profile senior faculty. In the past, many of the faculty participants have been senior editors or editors-in-chief at top IS journals. All you need to do to participate is show up at the beginning of the coffee breaks (Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning) and take a seat at a table. For a list of the activities, check out the website: https://icis2017.aisnet.org/events/doctoral-student-corner/

We are also running the Selfie Challenge for buddy groups, BINGO icebreaker, and scavenger hunt with chances to win Amazon Tablets and/or Kindles and/or gift cards!  Just a little extra incentive to start building a network of colleagues!

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Seoul!

Best,

Jessica Pye, Chair Doctoral Student Corner – ICIS 2017