[AISWorld] Post-Doc in data and process mining at KMD & IT University of Copenhagen, Denmark

Thomas Hildebrandt hilde at itu.dk
Fri Dec 8 03:38:14 EST 2017

Are you interested in data-mining and process-mining? Do you have a PhD in the field of mathematics, process-mining, software-engineering or something similar? Do you want to pursue a career combining research and practice in one of the biggest software companies in Denmark? Then you may be our new post doc!

The research group for Process Intelligence, Modelling and Optimization at the IT University of Copenhagen, Denmark, in collaboration with KMD, is looking for an industrial post doc researcher (1 year with the possible extension to 2.5 years in total).

You will be working in the field of data and process mining algorithms for evidence-based predictive and prescriptive case management on the inter-disciplinary project Effective, Co-created & Compliant Adaptive Case Management for Knowledge Workers (EcoKnow) funded by the Innovation Foundation.

Taking society forward, one line of code at the time
The post doc will be a part of a new Research & Development division in KMD. Here, you will get an outstanding opportunity to work with developing amazing software products using leading edge technology. With an agile approach, we develop big meaningful products that have an impact on millions of people’s lives. We work with Continuous Improvement and Continuous Deployment.
We are fast moving and we have the benefits of working in a larger organization with resources and financial ballast for innovation and the opportunity to work on large scale complex systems. Last but not least, we have a great workplace with a culture of opportunities and a license to do things differently.

As post doc, you will be a key member of one of the two technical work packages of EcoKnow, with focus on research and development of algorithms for data and process mining supporting prescriptive business process and case management in Danish municipalities.

The work package will in particular focus on the support for evidence-based case management in Danish job centers, supporting unemployed in getting employed under the regulation of the Danish law on active employment effort.  The two key technologies yet to be researched are data mining and process mining algorithms. The technologies are used to classify anonymised past cases and the classification of predictive and prescriptive case management.

Are you our data and process mining wizard?
We are looking for a post doc with a PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent qualifications. The candidate should be enthusiastic, and have a thorough theoretical background in process modelling, mining and analysis and have some experience with implementation work.

You will get the required support during the project. A programmer employed at the project will support making the technology available as open source reference implementations. The university supervisor will assist in making research tools available at dcr.tools (dcr.itu.dk). And the industry supervisor and programmers at KMD will support integrating the technology in the Momentum software-as-a-service (SaaS) job center solution developed by KMD.

You will be referring to Lead Data Scientist Dan Svenstrup. You will work 80% on the research project and 20% on other tasks at KMD. You will also have a close collaboration with ITU.
Starting date of the position: As soon as possible. The salary will be after negotiation with KMD but at least at the level of the standard salary of a postdoctoral researcher at a Danish university.

Workplace
You will be dividing your time between KMD’s main office, Lautrupparken 40, 2750 Ballerup and ITU, Rued Langgaards Vej 7, 2300 Copenhagen S. Physically, you will be expected on average to work three days at KMD and two days at ITU.

Want to know more?
For further information please see PRIMO group: https://primo.wikit.itu.dk/home - IT University of Copenhagen (ITU): http://itu.dk/ or KMD: http://kmd.net

You can contact Technology Director at KMD, Damantha Botejo db at kmd.dk , or our Lead Data Scientist at KMD, Dan Svenstrup dsv at kmd.dk, Head of Project Managers KMD, Maria Tunroth-Ussing mbf at kmd.dk. You can also contact Associate Prof., Head of EcoKnow & PRIMO, Thomas Hildebrandt (hilde at itu.dk).

Your application should consist of:
A cover letter (explain your specific interest and qualifications); - a full Curriculum Vitae, including a list of all publications and a short description of your PhD thesis; - references (contact information) of two scientific staff members.

KMD
KMD is a leading supplier of mission-critical software, solutions and IT services primarily to Denmark’s public sector, but with a growing footprint in the private sector both domestically and in Sweden and Norway.
We have a broad portfolio of products and services, based predominantly on our own software solutions. We have a proven track record of delivering solutions to highly regulated markets and industries with large transaction sizes and high volumes.

Apply now at:

https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=kmd&career_job_req_id=13321

Thomas T. Hildebrandt

Associate Professor at IT University of Copenhagen

Head of Process Intelligence, Modelling & Optimisation Group