[AISWorld] Gain New Skills in 2018: Check out These Courses

Nicole Purviance nicole.purviance at sjsu.edu
Thu Dec 14 15:25:54 EST 2017

It's gift giving season. Instead of a new sweater, treat yourself to
something that will serve you for years to come. And what would that be, you
ask? It's the Open Classes online program
<http://ischool.sjsu.edu/programs/ischool-open-classes>  at the San Jose
State University School of Information!

Learn how to successfully write a grant proposal, experience the best in
online learning, and get a head start on a master's degree, if that's in
your future. The Open Classes program allows you to take many of the
elective courses we offer in our master's degree programs, and you'll earn
college credit!

The spring 2018 courses
<http://ischool.sjsu.edu/programs/ischool-open-classes/course-topics/spring-
2018-course-list>  cover a variety of topics such as informatics, web
applications, leadership and management, youth services, and more.

Featured Courses: (subject to availability)

*	INFO 246-15 Web Frameworks with Bootstrap (1 unit)
*	INFO 282-10 Grant Writing (3 units)
*	INFO 284-14 Enterprise Content Management (2 units)
*	INFO 267-10 Intellectual Freedom YA (3 units)
*	INFO 293-10 Introduction to Data Networking (3 units)
*	INFO 282-15 Political Advocacy (1 unit)
*	INFO 220-11 Legal Resources ( 2 units)

All of the courses are delivered exclusively online, affording flexibility
and convenience necessary for busy schedules. And if you've never taken a
course online before, we've got you covered with a self-paced tutorial of
our award-winning online learning environment
<http://ischool.sjsu.edu/prospective-students/discover-online-learning> .

The spring semester runs from January 24 to May 14, 2018. However, some
courses are only for one unit or two units and have a shorter duration and
reduced fees. If you are paying for the class yourself, you may qualify for
the IRS Lifetime Learning Credit, which offsets the costs of education
expenses by reducing the amount of your income tax.

For more information about the Open Classes program, please email Sheila
Gurtu, online student advisor, at  <mailto:sheila.gurtu at sjsu.edu>
sheila.gurtu at sjsu.edu.

Quick Links:

*	Eligibility and Fees
<http://ischool.sjsu.edu/programs/ischool-open-classes/enrollment>
*	Spring 2018 Course List
<http://ischool.sjsu.edu/programs/ischool-open-classes/course-topics/spring-
2018-course-list>
*	FAQs
<http://ischool.sjsu.edu/programs/ischool-open-classes/open-classes-faqs>

One more thing. with the iSchool's Open Classes program, you don't have to
worry about shipping costs and lost packages! However, you do have to send
in the course request form
<https://ischool.sjsu.edu/programs/ischool-open-classes/enrollment/signup>
by the deadline of January 5, 2018.

Happy Holidays!

Nicole Purviance

Director of Marketing and Communications

School of Information

San Jose State University

One Washington Square

San Jose, CA 95192-0029