[AISWorld] CfP: Digital Resources for the Aging Society (SIGHealth) - AMCIS 2018

Gewald, Heiko Professor Dr. Heiko.Gewald at hs-neu-ulm.de
Fri Dec 15 10:12:19 EST 2017

Dear colleagues,

we cordially invite your research papers to our minitrack on AMCIS 2018 in New Orleans.

*** Digital Resources for the Aging Society (SIGHealth) ***
http://amcis2018.aisnet.org/submissions/track-descriptions/#toggle-id-11

All developed and emerging economies face the challenge of aging societies. Not only is the percentage of the elderly within the population growing, they are also getting older than generations before.
This trend put tremendous pressure on social and healthcare systems around the world.
Electronic resources (healthcare information systems, wearables, robots, internet-of-things, apps, websites, virtual discussion groups, social media etc.) provide a perspective to enable seniors to life in self-contained circumstances for longer than today. These resources also create enormous amount and variety of data that need to be address with present data sciences and artificial intelligence techniques.
The minitrack addresses these challenges and opportunities by providing a forum to share high quality research on all aspects of digital resources which benefit the aging society.
We welcome empirical and conceptual work as well as design science papers. All research which adds to our understanding how digital resources are accepted and used by seniors and what benefit they provide is in scope of the minitrack.
We explicitly welcome papers dealing with issues of wellness, hospitality and medical tourism with respect to the aging society.

Submission deadline:  February 28th 2018

We are looking forward to your submission!

Doug, Stella and Heiko

---------------
Prof. Dr. Heiko Gewald
- Research Professor of Information Management
- Director of CROSS - Center for Research on Service Sciences

Neu-Ulm University of Applied Sciences (HNU)
Wileystr. 1
89231 Neu-Ulm
Germany

Mail: heiko.gewald at hs-neu-ulm.de<mailto:heiko.gewald at hs-neu-ulm.de>

Member of the Editorial Board of Health Policy and Technology
Member of the Editorial Advisory Board for the Journal of Global Operations and Strategic Sourcing