[AISWorld] Information Systems Journal: Special Issue Call for Papers on Indigenous Theory (Reminder)

Prof. Robert M DAVISON isrobert at cityu.edu.hk
Mon Dec 18 23:32:05 EST 2017

The Information Systems Journal is pleased to announce a new call for papers for a special issue on Indigenous Theory.

We define an indigenous theory as a theory of human behaviour or mind that is specific to a context or culture, not imported from other contexts/cultures and purposely designed for the people who live in that context or culture.

We suggest that indigenous theory is important for several reasons. While some fundamental aspects of human behaviour (the need for shelter, food, safety) may be universal, many other aspects involve culture to a greater or lesser degree. Since culture varies considerably across different social and cultural contexts, it is reasonable to assume that theoretical explanations of specific behaviours will also need to vary if they are to be accurate at the local level.

In this special issue, we wish to champion the development of new theory that draws on indigenous cultural elements from specific contexts around the world. We emphasise that a new theoretical development need not be exclusively drawn from the contexts wherein the new theory is situated, since there are likely to be aspects of human behaviour with respect to technology that are universal. However, we are looking for substantively new theoretical developments that are anchored in specific contexts, rather than modifications to existing theory.

The full call for papers is available at: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/store/10.1111/(ISSN)1365-2575/asset/homepages/ISJ_SI_IndigTheor_4__3_.pdf?v=1&s=2a665216f1da0c3f2b2491421ed16393b12943cb&isAguDoi=false

In order to provide constructive and indicative advice, we encourage interested authors to submit an initial draft of their proposed contribution by 31-12-17. This initial draft, which should not exceed five pages, should be submitted via the ISJ website (https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/isj) and the special issue on Indigenous Theory should be selected. We will provide editorial feedback on this draft in order to help authors prepare a final submission with a deadline of 31-12-18.

Robert M Davison
Editor-in-Chief, Information Systems Journal

Disclaimer: This email (including any attachments) is for the use of the intended recipient only and may contain confidential information and/or copyright material. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email and all copies from your system. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other form of unauthorized dissemination of the contents is expressly prohibited.