[AISWorld] AI: TRENDS, OPPORTUNITIES, CHALLENGES, Cutter Business Technology Journal -- CFP), end Your Article Ideas by 8th Jan

San Murugesan san at computer.org
Tue Jan 2 02:43:38 EST 2018

AI: TRENDS, OPPORTUNITIES, CHALLENGES

How are AI technologies such as machine learning, deep learning, and
chatbots transforming the way we live and do business?

CUTTER BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY JOURNAL. Now we're accepting article ideas for
this special issue

GUEST EDITOR: San Murugesan

CALL FOR PAPERS

SEND YOUR ARTICLE IDEAS BY 8th JAN 2018

Artificial intelligence (AI) is no longer just the stuff of science fiction
movies; it's real and transforming the way we live and do business. AI
encompasses several technologies including machine learning (ML), deep
learning (DL), and chatbots. AI is currently being used in domains such as
finance, manufacturing, healthcare, automotive, entertainment, security, and
in cyber-physical systems, to name a few.

As well, large investments are being made in research, development and
marketing of AI products, tools and services. There is increasing awareness
of AI and its promises, limitations and concerns. To gain dominance in the
AI landscape, there is fierce competition among technology giants as well as
startups. Ongoing developments in AI and the resulting possibilities are
impressive and likely to further transform the world. Alternatively, there
are serious concerns of the ethical implications and potential harmful
effects of AI applications on society.

An upcoming issue of Cutter Business Technology Journal, Guest Edited by San
Murugesan, is seeking insight on the key challenges, opportunities, business
applications, new research, technologies, strategies, and ethical
considerations of AI, machine learning, deep learning and chatbots, now and
in the future. It will also seek to examine the key technologies that will
have a transformative influence, present insight on strategies and
approaches for realizing its potential, and discuss emerging new issues and
concerns and how it may impact IT jobs and businesses.

For this issue, we welcome articles from practitioners, academics,
consultants, visionaries and industry experts to address one or more of the
following suggested questions:

TOPICS OF DISCUSSION

1.    What are the promise and potential of AI, ML, and DL from practical
perspectives?

2.    How is AI being used now or in the future in domains such as business,
finance, manufacturing, healthcare, education, etc.?

3.    How could AI could be innovatively employed in IoT and smart city
applications, robotics, home appliances, and personal gadgets?

4.    How may AI and ML be used to further improve cybersecurity and
effectively manage cyber threats, including obscure, new and unknown

(future) threats? What AI tools and approaches have already been employed,
and what were the resulting benefits?

5.    How may business, entertainment industry, gaming, and tourism get
transformed by AI, and what new applications and innovations may emerge?

6.    How can AI be innovatively and judiciously applied in an enterprise?
What should encompass an enterprise AI strategy, and how should it be
implemented? What are some examples?

7.    What are the limitations and challenges posed by AI and how may they
be addressed?

8.    What are the major concerns, fears and threats of AI applications? Are
they overhyped or real?

9.    How may AI impact the jobs landscape, IT and otherwise?

10.   What new opportunities will arise now, and in the near future, for the
IT industry and technology professionals?

11.   Who are the major players around the globe in the AI landscape
(technology, applications, services and tools), and what are their
offerings?

12.   How can AI systems and humans work together collaboratively?

13.   What are moral and ethical obligations and responsibilities of AI
application developers?

14.   How do we go about developing an AI application? How can we test and
evaluate an AI application and establish its trust-worthiness?

15.   Do AI technologies and applications need be regulated, and if so by
whom?

ARTICLE PROPOSAL DEADLINE: JANUARY 8, 2018

Please send your article proposal to San Murugesan at
san[at]computer[dot].org, with a copy to cgenerali[at]cutter[dot]com no
later than January 8 and include an extended abstract and a short article
outline showing major discussion points. In your proposal, also highlight
key contributions of the article that are of value to the readers and
include a brief biography of each author.

ARTICLE DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 12, 2018

For manuscript guidelines, see https://www.cutter.com/call-papers#Editorial
Guidelines

COMPENSATION

We are pleased to offer Journal authors an online, one year complimentary
subscription to Cutter Business Technology Journal upon the signing of the
license agreement. In addition, we occasionally pull excerpts, along with
the author's bio, to include in our weekly Cutter Edge email newsletter,
which reaches another 12,000 readers. We'd also be pleased to quote you, or
passages from your article, in Cutter press releases. If you plan to be
speaking at industry conferences, we can arrange to make copies of the issue
in which you're published available for attendees of those speaking
engagements -- furthering your own promotional efforts.

Share this Call for Papers with your colleagues! Thanks.

Professor San Murugesan

Director, BRITE Professional Services

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, IEEE  <http://www.computer.org/itpro> IT
Professional

Adjunct Professor, Western Sydney University

Sydney, Australia

http://tinyurl.com/sanbio