[AISWorld] CFP - AMCIS 2018

Riemenschneider, Cindy C_Riemenschneider at baylor.edu
Wed Jan 3 15:38:38 EST 2018

CALL FOR PAPERS

AMCIS 2018, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

August 16-18, 2018

Mini Track: Cognitive Research in IS

Understanding human cognition is a critical component to the successful design, implementation, and use of information systems. The future of the Information Systems discipline is bound to involve human cognition as systems are increasingly used to meet social and business needs in novel settings. Human cognition deals with how we know and make decisions, through processes including reasoning, perception, and judgment. The questions of interest relevant to this mini-track focus on IS problems in terms of the processes of knowing and making decisions. This mini-track solicits research investigating the widest variety of cognition, including but not limited to: situated, shared, social, distributed, and team cognition; group and individual decision support systems, problem-solving; knowledge-sharing & -management; cognitive perspectives on IS design, use, and development; human-computer interaction or human factors; research methods to investigate cognitive issues in IS. We welcome qualitative, quantitative, experimental, and case study research and research-in-progress.

Mini Track co-chairs:
Dr. Teresa Shaft
University of Oklahoma

Dr. Emre Yetgin