[AISWorld] Reminder: Open Possition as Professor in Information Systems

Petter Nielsen pnielsen at ifi.uio.no
Wed Jan 10 01:29:28 EST 2018

A position as Professor in Information Systems is available at the Department of Informatics at the University of Oslo. The department consists of 13 research groups, including the Information Systems group with which this position is affiliated.

::About the research group
The Information Systems research group focuses on understanding and influencing the evolution of large-scale, complex information infrastructures, through empirical analysis and design interventions. The group houses the Health Information Systems Programme (HISP) research network, which is considered one of the largest research groups globally in the domain of Information Technology for Development (ICT4D) and Health Information Systems in the developing world. We are also responsible for the development of the open source based DHIS2 platform, implemented as health information systems in more than 60 developing countries. The group is currently involved in a number of externally funded research projects related to global health, health information systems in developing countries, and digitalization in the Norwegian health care sector. We collaborate closely with a range of global partners, including for example the South-Eastern Norway Regional Health Authority, Norad, WHO and UNICEF.

::About the position
This position will be related to the HISP research network and the research and capacity building activities it entails. Our central research topics include, but are not limited to, open source software development, development, sustainability, scaling, digital innovation, generification, IT and society, and software platforms. The research group is seeking to build on its existing capabilities and develop into a world class research center, and the applicant will in particular be expected to build research collaborations with top international universities, enhance the quality of research publications, and strengthen our research method curriculum and PhD supervision capacity. We will also expect the applicant to engage in the development of international research proposals to EU, the Norwegian Research Council, and other funding bodies.

::About the University of Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway's oldest and highest rated institution of research and education with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. Its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally esteemed research communities make UiO an important contributor to society. The Department of Informatics (IFI) is one of nine departments belonging to the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences.. IFI is Norway's largest university department for general education and research in Computer Science and related topics. The Department has near 950 students on bachelor level, near 450 master students, and over 180 PhD students. The overall staff of the Department is close to 250 employees, about 200 of these are full time positions. The full time scientific staff is 60, mostly Full/Associate Professors.

::Qualifications
Applicants must be qualified as Professors in Information Systems. Their research interests and focus must correspond to those of our research group, including Information Systems and ICT4D. Applicants must be active researchers and show a strong publication record in leading Information Systems journals. We will expect the applicants to have experience doing fieldwork in developing country settings and coordinating projects within a global context. Their track record of teaching and PhD and master student supervision will be evaluated. We also expect the applicants to have a well-developed research network.

Please see Rules for Appointments to Professorships and Associate Professorships at UiO, for more details regarding qualifications and the assessment.

The application must include:

Application letter
*Research statement (2 pages) describing motivation and research ambitions for the nearest future *CV (summarizing education, positions and academic/administrative/managerial work) *Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation *List of publications and academic merits (awards) *Up to 10 selected scientific publications relevant for the position *Documentation of achieved research grants *Documentation of basic pedagogical competence and teaching experience *Documentation of teaching and supervising Master and PhD students *Names and contact details of 2-3 referees (name, relation to applicant, e-mail and telephone number) *The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system, please follow the link "apply for this job". Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language).

::Evaluation of the applicants:
The applicants will be assessed according to their academic and pedagogical qualifications and with a particular focus on:

*Academic research experience and merits in ICT4D and Information Systems (projects and publications) *Experience in fieldwork (empirical research) in global and developing country contexts *Teaching experience and pedagogical qualifications *Supervision experience with Master and PhD-students from developing countries *Interviews and lectures may be used as part of the process. The successful applicant must acquire basic pedagogical qualifications within the first two years after appointment unless such qualifications can be documented. Applicants who do not master Norwegian must acquire such knowledge within 2 years.

::Salary
Position code 1013, NOK 792 700 - 1 033 700 per year, depending on qualifications and seniority.
In accordance with the University of Oslo's equal opportunities policy, we invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity.
The University of Oslo has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results.
According to the Freedom of Information Act (offentlighetsloven) § 25 section 2, information concerning the applicant may be made public even though the applicant has requested not to be shown on the list of applicants.

::Contact information:
Professor Kristin Braa, +47 41630260, kbraa at ifi.uio.no For questions about the recruitment system, please contact HR Officer Helene Jansen, +47 22857196, h.b.jansen at mn.uio.no

::Deadline: January 15th 2018.

::Application only to the electronic application system: https://www.jobbnorge.no/ledige-stillinger/stilling/144954/professor-in-information-systems