[AISWorld] AMCIS 2018 open for submissions

Ashley Bush abush at fsu.edu
Mon Jan 15 10:32:43 EST 2018

Dear Colleagues:

AMCIS 2018 Precision Conference System (PCS) is now open for submissions...

We invite the submission of Completed Research papers and Emergent Research
Forum (ERF) papers to the 24th Americas Conference on Information Systems
(AMCIS 2018), which will be held August 16-18, 2018 in New Orleans, LA.

TIMELINE

January 15, 2018: PCS opens for submissions

February 28, 2018: Submissions are due at 1:00 PM Central Time (13:00)

April 18, 2018: Notification of initial decision

AMCIS brings together academics and industry professionals around the world
to exchange knowledge related to the AMCIS 2018 theme, Digital Disruption.
Digital Disruption reflects the conference committee's desire to strengthen
and build consensus in existing research streams, while also taking on
innovative theoretical or methodological challenges and exploring emerging
technology opportunities. Together, we will create an exciting program that
draws upon the best of SIG-driven AMCIS traditions and provides many
opportunities for participation, collaboration, and dialogue. We look
forward to gathering with you in New Orleans to strengthen our roots and
expand our opportunities in information systems, the digital economy and
beyond.

COMPLETED RESEARCH PAPERS

Completed research must describe completed research. Completed research
papers will be submitted to a conference mini track where they will be
peer-reviewed using a double blind system and presented in a session
format. Each session will consist of three or four competitive papers
accepted through the review process. Sessions employ a standard format of
presentation by an author and general audience discussion. Completed
research papers must not exceed 10 pages all inclusive (approx. 5,000
words, including figures, tables, references, and appendices) and must
conform to the AMCIS 2018 submission template. Full papers that are
accepted will be published in their entirety in the conference proceedings.

EMERGENT RESEARCH FORUM (ERF) PAPERS

Emergent Research Forum (ERF) papers give authors the ability to present
and receive feedback on research-in-progress or research ideas.  Like
completed research, ERF papers will be submitted to a mini track for double
blind review. Upon acceptance, ERF papers will be presented as posters by
the authors during poster sessions that will take place throughout the
conference in a series of Happy Hours or Coffee Hours associated with the
SIGs. ERF papers must not exceed 5 pages all-inclusive (approx. 2,500
words, including figures, tables, references, and appendices) and must
conform to the AMCIS 2018 submission template. Authors of accepted ERF
papers may submit an abstract to be included in the proceedings or a
revised paper. ERF authors are required to:

1. Submit their ERF paper to a track/minitrack. Accepted ERF papers will be
included in the AMCIS 2018 conference proceedings.

2. If accepted, submit their posters using the AMCIS 2018 ERF Poster Format.

3. Attend the Happy/Coffee Hours when their poster is on display.

Other Types of Submissions

The AMCIS 2018 Conference is accepting the following types of submissions.
(Please see - https://amcis2018.aisnet.org/?page_id=112 for more
information.)

- Completed Research, due February 28, 2018

- Emergent Research Form (ERF), due February 28, 2018

- Workshops and Tutorials, due April 4, 2018

- Panels, due April 4, 2018

- Technology Research, Education, and Opinion (TREO) Talk Sessions, due
April 25, 2018

- Professional Development Symposia (PDS), due April 25, 2018

We look forward to receiving your submissions. Please contact us or the
relevant track/minitrack chairs with any questions or concerns.

Ashley, Shu & Varun

Ashley Bush, Shu Schiller, Varun Grover

AMCIS 2018 Program Co-Chairs, amcis2018.program at gmail.com

Ashley Bush, abush at fsu.edu