[AISWorld] UMass Amherst Assistant/Associate Professor - Priority Application Deadline Feb 3rd

Traci Hess thess at isenberg.umass.edu
Wed Jan 24 11:08:27 EST 2018

The Operations & Information Management (OIM) Department of the Isenberg School of Management at the University of Massachusetts Amherst invites applications for a tenure track position in Information Systems and Analytics to start in September 2018. The rank for the position is Assistant or Associate Professor, with new PhDs, experienced assistant professors and associate professors invited to apply.

REQUIREMENTS:

Candidates are expected to hold a Ph.D. in Information Systems (or a closely related field) from an AACSB accredited program by August 2018. The ideal candidate for this position will have an active program of research with a demonstrated ability for high quality scholarly publications. Preference for this position will be given to candidates who conduct behavioral and/or strategic IS research. Candidates must have expertise or evident potential in providing quality teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels. Potential or demonstrated ability to teach in both face-to-face and distance education formats to MBA students with considerable work experience is highly desirable. Evidence of engagement with the business community and industry is desirable.

Initial teaching responsibilities will be focused on an advanced business analytics course, taught at undergraduate and graduate levels, which includes instruction in data mining (e.g., cluster analysis, regression, etc.) for enhanced business decision-making. Knowledge of R or Python, and experience with developing and delivering innovative instruction in business intelligence and analytics is highly desirable.

APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:

To apply for the Information Systems and Analytics position, please submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of three references, on-line at http://umass.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=93047. Evaluation of applications will begin FEBRUARY 3, 2018 and will continue until a suitable candidate pool has been identified. Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications; salary and benefits are competitive.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

The Operations & Information department includes 12 tenure track faculty and three full-time lecturers who play active roles in undergraduate and graduate education across the Isenberg School. The department offers a thriving undergraduate major in Operations & Information Management with tracks in Information Systems and Supply Chain Management, contributes to a highly reputed MBA program and a new Masters program in Business and Analytics (MSB&A), and offers both IS and Operations Management Ph.D. specializations in the doctoral program in Business Administration. IS faculty are committed to conducting research that furthers state-of-the-art knowledge in their respective areas of expertise. Their research has appeared in top-ranked journals such as MIS Quarterly, Information Systems Research, Journal of the Association for Information Systems, and Journal of Management Information Systems. For more information about the department and faculty research, please visit: https://www.isenberg.umass.edu/programs/depts/oim.

About University of Massachusetts Amherst:

The University of Massachusetts Amherst is a land-grant university, the flagship campus of the University of Massachusetts system, and the largest public university in New England. The University offers bachelor's degrees, master's degrees, and doctoral degrees in 88 undergraduate and 72 graduate areas of study, through eight schools and college. In a 2009 article for MSN.com, Amherst was ranked first in Best College Towns in the United States. In 2012, U.S. News and World Report ranked Amherst among the Top 10 Great College Towns in America.

The Isenberg School of Management is AACSB accredited, with nationally recognized undergraduate and MBA programs. In addition to our repertoire of core business disciplines such as Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, and Operations & Information Management, we offer industry specializations through our Department of Hospitality & Tourism Management, and our Mark H. McCormack Department of Sport Management, which is ranked as one of the top 2 programs in the nation. Isenberg's undergraduate business program was ranked by Businessweek in 2016 as the 33rd best program in the country, and the 11th best among public universities, and 17th overall on Businessweek Employer Survey which measured recruiter perceptions of which programs turned out the best graduates. In 2016 per U.S. News & World Report, Isenberg's Full-time MBA ranked as the 42nd best among public universities (75th overall), and the Part-time MBA (which includes both our evening and online programs) was 9th best among public universities (16th overall). Our national competitiveness has helped us to attract 1,300 students to our Full-time, Blended, and Online MBA programs. Ph.D. tracks are offered in each discipline.

The university is committed to active recruitment of a diverse faculty and student body. The University of Massachusetts Amherst is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities and encourages applications from these and other protected group members. Because broad diversity is essential to an inclusive climate and critical to the University's goals of achieving excellence in all areas, we will holistically assess the many qualifications of each applicant and favorably consider an individual's record working with students and colleagues with broadly diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds in educational, research or other work activities. We will also favorably consider experience overcoming or helping others overcome barriers to an academic degree and career.

Traci J. Hess, Ph.D.

PhD Coordinator, Berthiaume Professor of Information Systems

thess at isenberg.umass.edu