[AISWorld] Ph.D. Position at LMU Munich (Germany): Research project on "Do online giants need to be tamed?"
kranz at bwl.lmu.de
Thu Jan 25 03:27:34 EST 2018
The Professorship for "Internet Business and Internet Services" (http://www.en.ibis.bwl.uni-muenchen.de/index.html) invites applications for a fully funded Ph.D. Position at LMU Munich (https://www.en.uni-muenchen.de/about_lmu/index.html) with a focus on research on the power of online giants.
* An inspiring work environment with abundant opportunities to collaborate with researchers and firms
* Integration into a strong and proactive research team
* Participation in national and international training programs and conferences
* A four-semester doctoral program that aims to provide students with a methodological basis for conducting management research (http://www.mbr.bwl.uni-muenchen.de/index.html)
* Research as part of our research group (including literature review and analysis, conceptualization of research design and data collection, data analysis, presentation and publication of research results)
* Participation in collaborative activities of the Internet Business Cluster e.V. (http://www.ibc-muenchen.com), a cooperation with leading media and digital companies in Munich
* Teaching and administration
* Master's degree (at university level) in the fields of management, economics, business informatics, computer science or related fields
* Strong analytical skills and very good English skills (oral and written)
* Great interest in economic and technical developments and trends in the digital economy (e.g., ecosystems, blockchain)
* Solid knowledge in quantitative empirical social research and coding is beneficial, but not required
* Motivation for high-quality research
* Teamwork, openness, flexibility, and diligence
The starting date for this position is 15th of March or later. We are looking forward to receiving your application and will be glad to answer your questions. Please send your application (CV, short cover letter, credentials) in digital form until Feb 15th to Ms. Andrea Buchmann (buchmann at bwl.lmu.de<mailto:buchmann at bwl.lmu.de>) and contact Prof. Dr. Johann Kranz (kranz at lmu.de<mailto:kranz at lmu.de>) if you have any questions on this position.
More information about the AISWorld