[AISWorld] New article "Are Consumers More Willing to Pay for Digital Items in Mobile Applications? Consumer Attitudes toward Virtual Goods"

Wei-Ting Chen manager.pajais at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 03:39:36 EST 2018

 Yang, Y. C., Huang, L. T. and Su, Y. T. (2017). " Are Consumers More
Willing to Pay for Digital Items in Mobile Applications? Consumer Attitudes
toward Virtual Goods," *Pacific Asia Journal of the Association for
Information Systems, 9*(4), pp. 51-64.

*Abstract *

Virtual goods are usually classified as services. The popular instant
messenger LINE, with its stickers, is one of the most successful business
models for virtual goods. Our study explores the intention to purchase
virtual goods and examines the critical successful factors in LINE
stickers. We propose a theoretical model based on perceived value,
satisfaction, personal innovativeness, and reference group acceptance. Our
key findings reveal (1) the significant influence of individual perception,
personal characteristics, and social influence and (2) the key role of
personal innovativeness in in-app purchases using mobile social media.

Available at:
https://journal.ecrc.nsysu.edu.tw/index.php/pajais/article/view/437