[AISWorld] Search open for experienced Clinical Professor of IS

Kappelman, Leon Leon.Kappelman at unt.edu
Sun Feb 11 13:05:50 EST 2018

Applications are now being accepted for a non-tenure track Clinical Professor of IS position in the Information Technology & Decision Sciences Department in the College of Business at the University of North Texas https://facultyjobs.unt.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jsp?postingId=179859.

Primary Responsibilities: Teaching undergraduate and graduate Information Systems/Technology (IS/IT) courses. Developing courses, curriculum, and/or teaching cases. Assisting students with career guidance.

Secondary Responsibilities: Helping the ITDS department nurture, expand, and improve our relations with industry for student internship opportunities, hiring our graduates, and fundraising for scholarships and student and faculty development. Capable and interested in participating in practice-oriented research also desirable.

Minimum Qualifications: Doctorate in Information Systems/Technology (IS/IT) or related discipline with five or more years of experience teaching college-level IS/IT courses, preferably at the graduate level. Ten or more years work experience in IS/IT and/or business management and/or consulting.

Preferred Qualifications: Strong preference for an experienced, senior clinical professor, with ten or more years discipline-specific managerial experience and seven to ten years of experience teaching graduate courses, who can step right into our undergraduate and graduate information systems (IS/IT) courses. Also one with experience developing courses, curriculum, and teaching cases, and who is also able to assist students with career guidance and helping us nurture, expand, and improve our relations with industry. Work and/or teaching experience in business analytics is desirable but not required, as is a candidate who is also interested in and capable of participating in some of the practice-oriented research conducted by our faculty.

The University of North Texas is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Institution committed to diversity in its employment and educational programs, thereby creating a welcoming environment for everyone.

Please apply at https://facultyjobs.unt.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jsp?postingId=179859.

"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." - Hellen Keller
Leon A. Kappelman, Ph.D.
  Professor of Information Systems
  Chair, Information Technology and Decision Sciences Department
 Director Emeritus, Information Systems Research Center
    College of Business, University of North Texas
    Voice: 940-565-4698   Email: kapp at unt.edu<mailto:kapp at unt.edu>
  Primary Investigator, SIM's Annual IT Trends Study<http://www.simnet.org/?ITTrendsStudy>