[AISWorld] AMCIS 2018 Early-Career Faculty Consortium

Maric Boudreau mcboudre at uga.edu
Fri Feb 23 17:27:14 EST 2018

Dear Early-Career Faculty:

We are hosting an early-career workshop at AMCIS in New Orleans.  We'd love for you to join us.  Registration information is below.

Early-Career Faculty Consortium
Finding balance as you prepare for tenure
Co-Chairs:
Marie-Claude Boudreau, Associate Professor & Department Head of MIS at the University of Georgia
Colleen Carraher Wolverton, Assistant Professor & Revis & Lorraine Sirmon/LEQSF Regents Professorship in Total Quality Management, University of Louisiana

The main goal of the Early-Career Faculty Consortium is to offer all participants insights into their academic career that can help them be valuable, marketable, and successful in their career from their own perspective, and that of their university and the academy. Consortium participants are AIS members beginning their first, second, third or fourth year in an academic position in the Fall of 2018. The Early-Career Faculty Consortium theme will be “Finding Balance as you prepare for Tenure.”

The topics and exercises during the Early-Career Faculty Consortium will be designed to promote interaction among junior faculty as they share what they have learned and their questions from their early experiences as faculty members.  They will also receive feedback from the experienced faculty leaders who will share their key lessons learned from their own careers.  Experiences from respected senior and mid-level faculty members will help shape, focus, and inform discussions of critical issues, while quality interaction among junior faculty remains a prime purpose of the Early-Career Faculty Consortium.

Logistics:
This workshop will take place on August 16, 8:30am – noon (followed by optional lunch).  As soon as we know the location we will update the website. We expect that you'll make some new friends at the workshop and we can all experience New Orleans together.  If you want to know what to do in New Orleans, here's our colleague’s Ken Walsh's tips (kenwalsh.com/NOA.html)

Faculty advisors who are expected to be involved in the workshop include:

  *   Elena Karahanna, University of Georgia<http://www.terry.uga.edu/directory/profile/ekarah/>
  *   Alan Dennis, Indiana University<https://kelley.iu.edu/ardennis/>
  *   Dorothy Leidner, Baylor University<https://business.baylor.edu/Dorothy_Leidner/>
  *   Deborah Compeau, Washington State University<https://business.wsu.edu/graduate-programs/phd-business/information-systems/>
  *   Alan Hevner, ‎University of South Florida<http://www.usf.edu/business/contacts/hevner-alan.aspx>
  *   Thilini Aryachandra, Xavier University<https://www.xavier.edu/campusuite25/modules/faculty.cfm?faculty_id=2705&grp_id=2685>
  *   Beena George, University of St. Thomas<https://www.stthom.edu/Faculty/Faculty-Directory.aqf?Faculty_ID=123101>
  *   Mary Lacity, University of Missouri - St. Louis<http://www.umsl.edu/~lacitym/>
  *   Adriane Randolph, Kennesaw State University<http://ksuweb.kennesaw.edu/~arandol3/>
  *   Dave Preston, Texas Christian University<http://www.neeley.tcu.edu/About_Neeley/Faculty_and_Staff/Preston,_David.aspx>
  *   Martin Santana, ESAN Graduate School of Business<http://en.esan.edu.pe/faculty/santana-ormeno-jorge-martin-ramon/>

Registration Information:
To allow for maximum participation among the participants, there is a limit of 40 participants.  If you would like to attend, simply select this workshop when you register for AMCIS 2018. To maintain our low registration cost of $25, breakfast is on your own.

Tentative Agenda:
8:30 - 8:45 Welcome / Overview of Program
8:45 - 9:00 Ice-Breaker
9:00 - 9:30 Panel: Sage Advice: Recommendations for Preparing for Tenure
9:30 - 10:15 Breakout session – Open Discussion
10:15 - 10:45 Networking Break / Scavenger Hunt / New Tables Assignments
10:45 - 11:15 Panel: The Balancing Act
11:15 – 11:45 Breakout session – Open Discussion
11:45 - 12:00 Wrap-up / Closing
12:00 – 2:00 Lunch (optional)

There will be an optional lunch as a group at a restaurant within walking distance.  Everyone will pay for their own meal.

Hope to see you there!

Maric and Colleen

Dr. Marie-Claude (Maric) Boudreau
Associate Professor & Department Head