[AISWorld] STPIS 2018 - the submission system is open (Workshop on Socio-Technical Perspective in IS development)

ilia ilia at ibissoft.se
Sun Feb 25 08:27:52 EST 2018

Dear colleagues,

Please consider submitting to the 1st call of

4th International Workshop on Socio-Technical Perspective in IS
development (STPIS'18), Tallinn, Estonia
12th June 2018

This is the reminder for the 1st call with a submission deadline of *4
March 2018*

The main */purpose /*of the workshop is to arrange */discussions /*on
using a socio-technical perspective in IS development, the long term
goal being to make this workshop a/*meeting place for the community of
IS researchers and practitioners*/ interested in the socio-technical
approach.

Following the purpose, only part of the workshop is devoted to
presentations, the rest is designated for collaborative work. This year
we follow the practice established during STPI'17 and will be working on
a *real case from the local industry*. We are now discussing a potential
case with the local CAiSE'18 organizers. It will be announced on our WEB
site as soon as it becomes certain.

Attached to CAiSE'18 conference https://caise2018.ut.ee/

Full description see at http://stpis2018.blogs.dsv.su.se/

Short description is presented below
Despite that a socio-technical perspective has been around for over a
half century, it is often forgotten in the Information Systems (IS)
discourse today. Consequently, many “new approaches” appear to reflect
on IS systems problems, such as modern IT systems poorly adjusted to the
external or/and internal environment (e.g. market, organizational
culture) of organizations in which they are (to be) deployed. We
strongly believe that it is high time the social-technical perspective
took its proper place in IS research, practice and teaching.

The main purpose of the workshop is to arrange discussions on using a
socio-technical perspective in IS development, the long term goal being
to make this workshop a meeting place for the community of IS
researchers and practitioners interested in the socio-technical approach.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

    * Case studies using socio-technical approach
    * Information system design using socio-technical approach
    * Socio-technical comparative studies of technology/IS adoption
    * Socio-technical analysis, design, development and integration of
     – health care systems
     – crisis management systems
     – information security management systems
     – learning systems
     – privacy enhanced technology
    * Societal Security from a socio-technical perspective
    * Ethnographic and Anthropological aspects of IS design and adoption
    * IT business alignment from a socio-technical perspective
    * Using Viable System Model (VSM) for analysis and design of
socio-technical systems

We invite submissions of short and long papers and multi-media materials
in the following categories:

    * Position papers
    * Idea papers
    * Experience reports
    * Research papers
    * Multi-media. Besides papers, we accept submissions in form of
multi-media materials, for example, recorded video or animated
presentation, describing industrial experience of using socio-technical
perspective for IS analysis or development. In case of acceptance, an
extended abstract is published in the workshop proceedings, while the
multi-media material itself or a link to it is placed on the workshop site.
   * Posters

Deadlines for the first call
------------------------------
Submission of papers - 4 March 2018

Proceedings
-----------------
As with the previous editions of  STPIS. We are planning to produce
proceedings on-line via CEUR services
<http://stpis2015.blogs.dsv.su.se/submission-format/ceur-ws.org>. CEUR
proceedings are indexed byDBLP
<http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/%7Eley/db/>, Google Scholar
<http://scholar.google.com/>, Scopus <http://www.scopus.com/>, CiteSeer
<http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/>/CiteSeerX
<http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/>, etc. For Scandinavian researchers, the
publisher is in the Norska systemet
<https://dbh.nsd.uib.no/publiseringskanaler/Forside?request_locale=en>
rated as level 1 (which is the highest level for the conferences and
workshops). Proceedings for the previous editions of STPIS can be found
here: http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1604/, http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1374/and
http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1854/

Organizing committee
------------------------------
Stewart Kowalski, Norwegian University of Science and Technology,
Norway,  - general chair
Peter Bednar, School of Computing, University of Portsmouth, UK -
program chair
Ilia Bider – DSV, Stockholm University/Ibissoft, Stockholm, Sweden -
publicity chair

PC (under construction)
---------------------------------
Peter Bednar – School of Computing, University of Portsmouth, UK
Ilia Bider – DSV SU/Ibissoft , Stockholm, Sweden
Stewart Kowalski, NTNU, Norway
Gil Regev, EPFL, Switzerland

Best regards

-- Ilia
Dr. Ilia Bider
Process- och systemutvecklingskonsult at IbisSoft.se
Lektor & Forskare/Docent i data- och systemvetenskap at DSV.su.se
ilia at ibissoft.se         +46 (0)8 164998